Coping with Stress
Stress is a normal part of everyday life -- there's no escaping it. However, there are some ways to deal with it that are more healthy and beneficial than others. For instance, drinking alcohol is actually not a good way to deal with stress over the long-term, while regularly exercising is.
Our collection of stress management articles is designed to help you figure these things out and find what works best for you in dealing with the stress in your life. Browse through the articles below to learn more about effectively dealing with stress in your life today.
The Basics of Stress
- Stress Management Basics
Stress management starts by understanding how your body responds to stress.
- Stress Test
How stressed-out are you? Find out with our free, scientific quiz.
- The Impact of Stress
Do you know the real impact of stress? Stress often is accompanied by an array of physical reactions.
- 6 Myths About Stress
Did you know not everyone feels stress the same way?
- How Does Stress Affect Us?
Stress Management Techniques
- 5 Ways to Stress Less
Stress is different things to different people.
- 4 Tips to Change the Way you Deal with Stress
- 20 Tips to Tame Your Stress
Perform diaphragmatic or “deep breathing” exercises.
- Tips for Better Managing Your Stress
There are many simple yet surprisingly effective ways to manage your stress.
- Keep Stress at Bay: Striking a Balance
Finding a balance is often the key to leading a stressless life.
- 6 Ways to Stress Less at Work
Work brings special challenges to reducing stress.
- Tips for Tackling Stress
Get it under control today with these helpful tips.
- More Tips for Coping with Stress
And some more tips for successful stress management.
- Tips to Reduce Family Stress
Families can be a big source of stress and anxiety, but they don't have to be.
- Dealing with Stress
Yes, you can deal with the stress in your life successfully!
- Coping with Job Stress
Job stress is especially difficult.
- Exercise Helps Keep Stress at Bay
Exercise does wonders to help keep our stress levels at bay.
- Relaxation and Meditation Techniques
Here's how you relieve stress through these stress management techniques.
- What Is Imagery?
- The Benefits of Imagery
- Practical Tips for Using Imagery
- Audio Scripts for Imagery
- Imagery: Basic Relaxation Script
- Your First Imagery Script
- Wellness Imagery Script
- Imagery in Everyday Life
More Stress Management Articles
- How Couples Can Help Each Other De-stress and Improve Their Relationship
Couples can help relieve one another's stress following this advice.
- Stress and Drinking
Studies indicate that many people drink as a means of coping with modern life and its accompanying economic stress, job stress and marital discord.
- Stress And Diet: You Aren’t What You Eat
Your diet may be impacting how stressed you feel.
- How To Help A Stressed Or Depressed Loved One
Understand how to better help.
- Stress and Personality
Individuals differ dramatically in their response to a problem or a stressor. Some people are born with a temperament that predisposes them to higher or lower levels of tolerance to stress.
Additional Articles on Stress
- Becoming Aware of Stress in Your Life
- Stress: A Cause of Cancer?
- Team Players on the Home Front
- Managing Stress
- Stress: Maybe You Can't Avoid It, But You Can Manage It
- Stress-Proof Your Work Life
Last updated: 26 Feb 2018
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 26 Feb 2018
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.