The Best Practices in e-Therapy series of articles was begun in 1999 to try and help define some term and concepts that were being used without definition. It now serves as largely an introductory set of essays to the field of online counseling.
"e-Therapy" is a term I began using in 1997 to describe using an Internet-mediated technology to foster a helping relationship online.
Best Practices in e-therapy series:
- Definition & Scope of e-therapy
May 14, 1999
- Confidentiality & Privacy
April 8, 1999
- Legal & Licensing Issues
October 31, 1999
- Clarifying the Definition
May 2, 2001
- The Difference Between Security and Being Secure
- Typical Costs & Pricing for Online Therapy
January 10, 2011
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 1 Aug 2011
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.