Where did the summer of 2012 go? We can't believe it's time to go back to school or your college campus. Whether you're a student looking for some study tips or a parent looking for some reassurance, our Back to School Guide will get you back on track to have a successful school year and semester.
We know that getting back into the swing of the daily school schedule takes some time, so you should too and give yourself a break if you find the first couple of weeks a little difficult to break free from that vacation mindset. That's natural! But at some point, you do have to figure out how you're going to tackle the school year or semester, and we hope the articles below you do some of that.
Elementary and Secondary School Issues
- Helping Your Child Transition from Elementary to Middle School
Help your child make this important transition.
- Mistake Phobia
How to help when your son or daughter is paralyzed by the fear of making a mistake in their schoolwork.
- Depression and Teenage Identity Building
Dealing with depression while in high school.
- Oh Look, a Chicken!: A Teen's Tips for Managing ADD
Tips for managing attention deficit disorder and ADHD.
- 8 Tips for Building Healthy Parent/Teacher Relationships
Start the school year off on the right foot with your teacher (or parent!). Also of interest, When a Teacher and Child Don't Get Along
- Dealing with Bullies
Recognize the signs and discover what you can do to combat bullies at school. Also of interest, How Do We Stop Bullying in Schools?
- Back to School Tips
General back to school tips that can benefit any student and their parents.
- Control Back-to-School Anxiety
Tips for helping control back to school anxiety for children and teens.
- Helping Children Who Fear School
Being afraid of going to school is a common phobia for children, but one that you can help address.
- Living with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Not every child or teen has ADHD, but if your child does, this guide can help you understand what they can do to improve their school success.
- Classroom Adaptations for ADHD Students
How can Section 504 help your child in the classroom?
- 5 Wrong Reasons for Going to College
Not everyone should go to college -- here's why.
- Sharing Space: Rooming House, Cooperative or Collective?
What kind of space will you choose?
- Top 5 Housemate Complaints
Living with housemates can be fraught with perils.
- Honors Students Tell You How To Make the Grades
Don't take our word for it. Students themselves give you their advice about how to get the grades you want in college.
- Ready or Not: Immature But Headed to College
What steps can you take toward your independence as a college student?
- Get Help for Procrastination
Don't let procrastination ruin your semester. Take steps to help tackle your procrastination today.
- Back to College: 5 Survival Tips
These five survival tips will help you keep your head above water this semester.
- Back to School, Back on Schedule
Accepting routines, incorporating reasonable needs and seeking balance through organization helps students get back into the school routine.
- 10 Highly Effective Study Habits
Want to build up your arsenal of good study habits? Here's ten to help you get started!
- Healthy Study Habits for Students
Need a few more healthy study habits? Here ya go...
- Be Careful While You Text
Texting is more popular than ever, but it can be dangerous to do as a student if you're not paying attention.
Last reviewed: By John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on 17 Aug 2012
Published on PsychCentral.com. All rights reserved.