Are you a recluse or depressed? Being a recluse can be a sign of depression, and depression can result in being a recluse. Here are ten signs of what it means to be a recluse.
- You dont answer your door
- You dont pick up your phone
- You watch ridiculous shows on television and not only would you never admit it, you cant believe you continue to watch them
- You dont brush your hair
- Fresh air feels weird in your lungs
- You find yourself wearing the same clothes
- You go to the same websites over and over
- You dont recall the last time you drove your car
- You know your delivery guy and are slightly embarrassed when you open the door again and again
- You listen to music on your headphones on full blast, or dance in your apartment and consider that a form of going out
If you call yourself a recluse, you can be making an excuse for your depression. Even though a recluse can be productive, isolation reeks depression.
Cat in a window image available from Shutterstock.