Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

Borderline Personality Disorder Issues?

January 30th, 2015
I have borderline personality disorder, and I am having problems expressing my emotions at home for fear of being judged for showing them. I have been called mentally crazy, dramatic, and attention-seeking. I have issues communicating with people. When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to show my emotions. This lasted for 17 years. Not ...

I Have Feelings for My Ex

From the U.S.: I'm afraid that I'm losing feelings for my girlfriend. I feel that I still have feelings for my ex after she admitted to still having feelings for me almost 2 years later. ...

Can’t Get One Thought Out of My Head or Life

A while ago I found out that a friend was raped and cuts because of it. It got to the point where I had to talk her out of suicide with the help of our ...

Do I Really Have Schizophrenia?

I am having trouble with everyday life. I find things are getting stranger and more distorted. Sometimes at night I see faces on my wall, I also hear various whispers that keep me from sleeping. ...

Scalp Picking Addiction

Please, please help. I've been scalp picking for a long time now (maybe 3 years), and now it's getting really bad. I never let the wounds heal and I always pick until it bleeds, it's ...

My Boyfriend Enjoys Toying with My Feelings

My boyfriend enjoys toying with my feeling, humiliating me, keeping things from me. I started dating him, because of the way he courted me at first, such a gentleman. I opened up to him and ...

I Act Strange During Sex

I'm married and I've only had sex with my husband. So I don't understand why I act so strange during sex. I'll be enjoying it, but then start crying uncontrollably, to where I can't breathe. ...

Adoption, Infidelity & Bipolar Disorder

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years. We have gone through an adoption together that was finalized in June '14. I've been suffering from depression but things have gotten better everyday. My ...

Discipline Issue with an Extremely Defiant 4-Year-Old

Hello. My girlfriend has 2 boys ages 5 and 4. The 4-year-old is in a very big power struggle with her. He is urinating all over the house, shouts at her, and routinely disobeys. He ...

Obsessed with a Celebrity

Hello. I have a problem that I am seeking therapy for, but I would like another opinion. A bit of background info. About me: I have major depression & I suffer from anxiety attacks from ...

I Go Through Occasional Depression and Feel a Lot of Stress

I go through occasional depression and feel a lot of stress. I'm a 15-year-old girl. I think I go through occasional depression and feel a lot of stress on me. I think the main reason ...

My Wife Doesn’t Show Me Love Anymore

From the U.S.: My wife and I have been married for 4 years now. We started to have issues about 2 years ago. I feel like since we have been officially and legally married that ...

Can’t Keep Friends & Don’t Belong

I am getting older, it's getting harder for me to make friends and keep them. I never feel like I belong at home with the in laws, school or at work. I never fit in ...