How Can You Tell if Someone Is Lying about Being Abused?

From Germany: There’s this person I know and she says she gets abused at home (by her drunk father). Now, I don’t want to say she’s lying for sure — I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking you! See, this person lies a lot of the time about a lot of things. She’s manipulative and will try and guilt-trip you into doing things for her (using arguments like “I did this thing (that you didn’t...
Continue Reading

Have Periods of Feeling Really Low, Anger Issues, Very Irritable, Rely on Alcohol to Control These Episodes

Hi, for about 3 years now I have been feeling low on and off, sometimes I’m fine, then sometimes I feel really irritable/angry/low. I just flip, out of know where sometimes. I depend on alcohol when this happens as I feel it relaxes me, I know this isn’t the right way of dealing with things, but it definitely helps. I shut off friends during these episodes. I have been to see a counselor recently,...
Continue Reading

I Miss My Cousin

I desperately miss my cousin. We visited her for a week and we just got home now. I’m so depressed because I miss her soooo badly. I have contact with her, but I don’t know how to deal with this. I can’t do anything because of my sadness. I get so sad when I see our pictures. I’m seeing her next year again, (I see her every year for a week this was my...
Continue Reading

Overprotective About My Mother

I feel overprotective about my mother because of the fact that I lost my grandparents almost 2 years ago. Since my maternal grandparents’ deaths a year and a half ago, I have been over-protective about my mother. I loved my grandparents very much. Both passed away at a month’s interval and it came as a shock to my mother as well as me. Since then, whenever my mother is out alone, I become hysterical. I...
Continue Reading

My Family or My Boyfriend?

From Lebanon: I am dealing with a big problem! Im a 21 year old girl, I love my family so much and they are everything to me. Four years ago I met a boy and we are dating since then, he is my entire life and he is amazing to me. My family hate him but they didn’t met him at all, they hate his parents so they don’t agree on this relationship and...
Continue Reading

Mentally Ill Brother?

I am very worried about my older brother. In the past 6 months he has started behaving very strangely. He has forged my name and my parents’ names on rental documents and doesn’t see anything wrong with it. Additionally, he is exhibiting very paranoid behavior, he gave away his cats, whom he loved for more than 5 years, and his reasoning is that my Dad is going to send him to jail! According to...
Continue Reading

Sexual Identity and Anxiety

My daughter has recently been having anxiety issues but only at school. She won’t walk down corridors etc without panicking and cries in the toilets. She has severe anxiety surrounding one teacher with no real reason. I have recently discovered she has a bit of a crush on another girl and is having a lot of conversations with her online. The girl is at the school but in the year above. Can anyone help...
Continue Reading

I Constantly Pick at My Skin

From Canada: I’m 20 and I pick the skin on my fingers all the time. It has been over a year since I have seen my fingers without cut marks all over them. I bit or rip off my skin. I’m always stressed and bite or claw at my hands to clam down but it only seems to make my stress worse in the end. It’s particularly bad when there is actually some obvious...
Continue Reading

I Need Help with Stealing

I need help. I am 23 and I keep stealing my parents credit card repeatedly. They have threatened to call the police, I have been kicked out the of the house and was forced to live with my uncle, I have written notes and letters to my parents to tell them that I will never do it again but I keep stealing their credit cards. I need help I do not know what to...
Continue Reading

I Think I May Have Depression and a Kind of Anxiety

Hi, I’m a 13 year old trans guy and I’ve just moved to a foreign country, I don’t speak the language. I’ve been feeling very depressed for over 6 months. Lately I’ve also been noticing how much anxiety I feel when doing things like going to school, talking to people, going to the store and generally going out of my house and socializing. I think people here dislike me and judge me all the...
Continue Reading

My Boyfriend Is Unmotivated and Lazy

From Quebec: I’m 19 and I have been dating my current boyfriend for a little under 3 years now. Compared to past experience with men, he is amazing. He is kind, generous, caring, concerned, and so much more. Only one problem; he is extremely unmotivated and quite lazy. I love him and I do NOT want to end the relationship. I am willing to work at this as hard as possible to make it...
Continue Reading