Self-Harming Black Outs

Sometimes, especially when something traumatic has or is about to happen, I have these sort of black outs. It hurts like I am being pushed aside. I call them black outs, but I remember a small bit of what happened, how I couldn’t really control what I did. They like causing me pain, and laugh at me when I try to fight it. I don’t remember quite what happens, only how much it hurts...
Continue Reading

Is This a Normal Fetish?

From Hong Kong: I’m a 14 year old guy and I don’t know if it is rare or not, but I seem to have an interest on the inside of people’s mouths. When I look at people’s mouths, I tend to have an erection, and I feel kinda excited about it. Sometimes I like to search for mouth pictures online, or search for mouth videos on YouTube, just to give myself the desire of...
Continue Reading

I Think My Mom Is Going Crazy

My mother is 43 years of age. Within the last couple years, she has been getting worse. She claims that there are ghosts in the house that want to hurt her. Along with the constant saying that, I’m lying to her that I don’t love her and that I was never there for her. She claims that I always go run to my dad for everything and she is very paranoid about everything. I...
Continue Reading

Cancer Free & Depressed?

My father has turned a new leaf the past few years and has become a very loving and devoted Christian. He recently had a radical nephrectomy because of kidney cancer (renal carcinoma). During the awful symptoms and trials of the actual cancer and numerous trips to the hospital, he was amazingly positive and strong. After the surgery (He is now cancer-free!) he has been making suicidal statements (which he has NEVER done before to...
Continue Reading

Silent Break-Up

From Greece: I broke up with my fiancé. I am 33 and he is 35. We were together for 6 years and the last 2 we were engaged. I was the one that left the house because the last months he was has pressure from his job and also he was telling me that I was putting pressure on him. He didn’t want to talk with me and when I was trying to make...
Continue Reading

Is My Depression Something I Should Seek Help For?

My depressive episodes are really weird. They sometimes last around 2 weeks (my best guess is around 13-18 days but my most recent episode lasted a month) and during this time it’s absolutely horrible. I’m super suicidal during those weeks and I get crying spells. I also won’t be able to stop SI’ing and I get super scared of myself because I think that I might actually take my life. It got super bad...
Continue Reading

Tired, Very Very Tired

I dislike me. Currently teaching at the university, regularly teach at the high school full-time; so I’m just part timing at the moment. Working keeps me slightly “busy,” but not enough to distract me from my thoughts; every once in a while I have this thoughts of complete unsatisfaction. Last year I taught without a break (all summer + all year round school) and I felt very exhausted towards the end of teaching at...
Continue Reading

My Friend Is Suicidal and I Don’t Know How to Help

I’ve been friends with a girl online for almost 10 years. She’s always struggled with depression, and has dropped out of middle school, then high school, then university. She’s 24 now. She just got a really good job, but then she almost immediately started deteriorating. I’m Bipolar II, and I suspect she is also Bipolar. She cycles rapidly between manic states and depression. She has repeatedly told me she is constantly thinking about suicide....
Continue Reading

What’s Wrong with Me?

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, and its driving me crazy. I was dx with schizophrenia, but even though I feel like I don’t have that, just knowing about it doesn’t help anything at all. I am in an early psychosis program, and they’ve helped me a lot but I still feel like I’m not getting any better with some things. I feel like I can never be normal or live normally…. I...
Continue Reading

My Mom Loves Acting and Now She Has to Give It Up

From the : Recently, my mom’s gotten into a bit of a saddened state. You see, she loves acting, but everything going on in her life has restricted her from doing anything close to it. The city we live in has no interest or location specifically for acting and her job leaves her no time to do any kind of acting if any possibility arises. She and my step-dad run a wedding photography business....
Continue Reading

Borderline Personality Disorder or Just Traits?

I am confused with the feelings that I possess and have been researching about BPD and wondering if I have it. Any help would be much appreciated: The following traits I possess: 1. Very sensitive to rejection/external environment – mood will change rather drastically if someone even unknowingly slights me in some way. 2. Feelings of suicidal ideation when depressed. 3. Feelings of emptiness deep in core (thankfully this is not very common). 4. Labile mood – depression...
Continue Reading