Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

Could I Be Autistic and Bipolar?

September 19th, 2014
I was diagnosed with Bipolar, I always wondered if I was Autistic, so I took a quiz and it showed that I am likely on the spectrum is it possible to be both bipolar and autistic? A: Thank you for asking this. The quizzes are general guidelines to help identify concerns rather than diagnostic tools. It's ...

I’m Suffering from Aversions

From the U.S.: I've been squeamish about body fluids since I was a kid but every year it gets worse. It's to the point now where it's taken over my life. I can't eat around ...

Very Strange Behavior from Roommate’s 23-Year-Old Son: Am I in Danger?

His name is James he is 23, smoke cigarettes like crazy around 4 packs per day, has sudden violent outbursts when he thinks no one is looking. When he is cooking, he will turn his ...

I’m 13 and I Like a 20-year-old

From the U.S.: I'm thirteen and I like a 20 year-old. I have a tumblr, Doctor Who-based. I met a guy on tumblr who also likes Doctor Who. He posts selfies on his blog, I ...

Severe Paranoid Episode that Does Not Go Away

My wife is 35 and 6 months pregnant. She was admitted to a mental facility earlier this week because of a very severe episode of paranoia. The television was even talking to her and giving ...

I Think People Are Watching Me

Why do I think people are watching me on hidden cameras all the time? Ever since I was around 5 years old I’ve thought that people are watching me, not just people I know but celebs, ...

I Lied to My Fiance about My Past

From the U.S.: My fiance and I have been together for 4 years. When we first got together he told me everything about his past (I didn't ask him) and asked me to do the ...

Sensory Issues, Anger and Anxiety Problems

I seem to be overwhelmed with problems. I tend to get very irritated at almost anything and I'm not sure what the cause of it is. I can't think straight and I have ...

How to Deal with Heavy Self-Harm

I been having heavy self-harm thoughts and the problem is I am looking to return to the work field. I am afraid that when get a job and have the urges to cut that I ...

Robbed of Control Over My Life

From Germany: I’ve been feeling like I was robbed of control over my life by my ex-girlfriend made me avoid sex with all women. About 5 years ago, about a month after breaking up with my ...

I Can’t Concentrate on My Studies

From India: I am in 12th grade and I understand studying efficiently is very important right now, but for some reasons I am not able to. Whenever I sit down, I start thinking about other ...

Problems Because of Parents but I Can’t Tell Them

Half of my problems are because of my parents but I cant tell them because I know they have done so much for us. I have had issues with my mum since I ...

Boyfriend Is an Alcoholic

This man's entire house is 2500 sq.ft. with a bed and boxspring only in his room with a motley assortment of desks and dressers, ALL the furniture except the couch are castoffs from his parents, ...