Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

Is My Son Misdiagnosed or Is There Something I Should Be Asking His Counselor About?

October 30th, 2014
I am scared of my son, he shows no emotion, he kills our pets, he attacks me, he stares through me, he started a bonfire in our attic while everyone was asleep, we all came close to dying, he shows his private parts to his class mates, he goes from calm to boiling point angry ...

Partner Cheating

My partner cheated on me last March 2014, when I found out last May 2014 they stopped. But since then, I don’t trust my partner. We're still living together & we fight a lot. I ...

My Boyfriend Is Secretive about His Finances

From the U.S.: I'm having reservations about marrying my boyfriend because of his secrecy of his financial situation. After 2 years in our relationship, my boyfriend asked if I wanted to get married. I have ...

Scared About the End of the Universe

About a week ago, I started to think about the end of the universe. It started to scare me to the point where now I get anxiety over everything. I start to get chest pains ...

Don’t Know What to Do

I am struggling with daily life in a way that I am sure isn't healthy. I don't have any friends and the ones I do have, I don't even like. They do drugs and skip ...

I Feel Caged in My Own Body

From a 19-year-old woman in S. Africa: Recently I got out of a 4-year drug influenced relationship but the feelings I had for him faded away after about a year but he kept me caged ...

Am I Suffering from Depression?

Lately I feel so sad or lonely and I really don't know why, but now I have suicidal thoughts and I cut myself, I still don't want anyone to worry about someone like me, I ...

My Wife Can’t Leave Her Lover

We are married for 10 years, three kids (8, 5 and 2 years old). My wife did not work 4 years ago. When she got her first job, she felt in love with her boss ...

I Have Brief Depressive Episodes

From the UK: I'm 16. For the past 2-3 months I've been experiencing these episodes of sever depression they generally only last for an hour or two, however the frequency ranges from once or twice ...

Boyfriend Too Attached to Cousin

My boyfriend and his cousin are too attached. How can I make him see that? We can't plan a single date because he wants to bring his cousin along. I tell him I ...

Repeating Names in Head, Inner Dialogue

Ever since my cousin died on my birthday two weeks ago, I been having a lot of mental issues. I am not sure if it is related to my PMDD, Anxiety, or my OCD but ...

I’m Really Depressed — Maybe Bipolar

I'm eighteen years old, and I hate myself so much. I feel like I can't do anything right, that whatever I do, it won't be good enough. I'm taking a gap year in order to ...

I Am Trying to Save My Marriage

From the U.S. I'm 33 and I have a few issues. The worst one I have is lack of control over my anger. I have said some things to my wife that I am ashamed ...