Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

How to Support My Wife Who Has a Fear of Being Controlled

September 2nd, 2014
It has become evident to me that my wife has a fear of being controlled. She experienced mild sexual abuse as a child and didn't have very emotionally supportive parents. Her dad left when she was in elementary school. We love each other and ...

Does My Stepbrother Have an Anxiety Disorder?

From the U.S: Hi. I'm 14. I have a step brother that lives in my dad's house. His mom (my step mom) lives in the house as well. I recently moved in with my dad. ...

Behavior Issues?

My son will be 3 next month and for the longest time he has been a terrible toddler to say the least. He will not listen to anything I say. I try redirecting him, I ...

My Boyfriend Accuses Me of Cheating Every Day

My boyfriend has accused me of cheating everyday and I haven't. He says that it's the way I look at men. He gets very upset and very angry at me to the point I cry ...

Boyfriend’s Controlling Mother

I have been in a relationship for four years now and I am at my breaking point. him and his mother have this relationship that isn’t normal every time I’m around she always makes sure ...

My Boyfriend Won’t Hold Me or Cuddle Me

From the U.S. i have been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and i know he has a problem being intimate, but it is getting ridiculous. he says its because he was raised differently ...

Relationship Issue

I have been dating Jack for about two years. Recently, we have been discussing marriage, but there is an issue and I don’t know how to resolve it. I have been in two ...

My Therapist Didn’t Show Up

From the U.S.: I don't know how to handle my therapist not showing up to my first appointment with her. I've been crying all day, and had to have a beer and shot of tequila ...

Need to Know Where People Live: Is This OCD?

I have this issue where I need to know where people live. If I am with someone new, I feel like I cannot trust them, but if I know where they live, then I am ...

Boyfriend Needs Help

I think my boyfriend might have a mental illness. How can I talk to him about it? How can I get him help? I'm afraid that when I talk to him about it he will ...

Is This Considered Sexual Abuse?

From the U.S.: My brother and I grew up with a narcissistic mother. I have read online that this causes a lack of nurturance. As a result when I was 6, 7, 8 my brother ...

Will My Paranoia Lead to Schizophrenia?

Yesterday I was diagnosed with paranoia, and I started on Saphris. I'm worried that my paranoia will eventually lead to having schizophrenia. I am 16 now, and will be 17 in 2 weeks. I have ...

Depressed Boyfriend Shutting Me Out

I've been dating a guy for about 6 months. We had such a connection we jumped right into a relationship. Things were amazing, we communicated well, had fun together and were attracted to one another. ...