Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

Lost Trust in Therapist

November 23rd, 2014
Hi, I recently left a session with my therapist and without warning she called the police on me for a welfare check, because she mistakenly thought I was suicidal. After angrily expressing my hurt and betrayal towards her and coming to the conclusion that she misunderstood, I have restarted my sessions with her. However, they ...

Help for Narcissistic Personality Disorder

I am trying to find a very good specialist that deals specifically with Narcissistic Disorder in Atlanta. I have been married for 3 years to a Narcissist. My husband, is typical to the pattern of ...

Afraid to Be Alone with Men

I'm afraid to be alone with men, specifically those who have an interest in me. It's like an anxiety type of fear. The one time I was alone with a guy (who was ...

Do I Follow My Dreams or Give Up?

From Pakistan: I am born of a middle class family. I wanted to get admitted in a famous arts college in my city. I spent a whole year preparing for the test. I got to ...

18-Year-Old Friend Has Paranoid Delusions & Refuses Help

A friend of mine who has been very close to me, but recently has had to move a few miles away has been getting paranoid delusions that are progressing over the last year. He is 18 ...

Scared to Get Help

I think I have depression. I've done all the online tests and although they say not to use them as a diagnostic tool, all of them say I have moderate to severe depression. I see ...

Scared Wife Is Detaching from Me

Well to start off my wife and I have been married for 4 years, and have 2 beautiful children together. The problem started about 2 months ago, ...

How Do I Deal with an Unsatisfied Wife?

From Egypt: How do I deal with a cheated unsatisfied wife?: I've been married to my wife for almost 9 years. Since 3 years ago, she has requested from me to divorce her because I ...

Ability to Handle My Daughter Who Is 23 and Has Schizophrenia

My 23 year old daughter is married, now separated. She is a paranoid schizophrenic if we must label it and is a methamphetamine addict. She was on her way to a one year in-treatment in ...

Subconscious Anger

My boyfriend is 40, I am 38, we have been together 3 yrs, living together most that time. He is a professional artist and is very talented. I work in a call center, but play ...

Stress Is Causing Depression

I am a 26 year old full time graduate student who also works full time. I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology and I am working on my masters in clinical mental health. ...

I Forget Everything for a Few Seconds

From India: Since last 2 years a problem is going on with me. Sometimes I forget everything and start day dreaming, but it happens only for a few seconds, after that I also feel like ...

I Hate My 4-Year-Old Stepson

From the U.S.: First a quick background about the kid, he's currently 4, lives with my fiancé because his mom does not care to have him, although no legal custody was settled. Lady smokes weed, drank ...