Relationship Issues

From Malaysia: I’m in relationship with my bf 2 years. In the periods, he becomes jobless and depends on me for everything and felt anger if I mention or push him to get a job. I don’t understand the reason why he’s lying to me from the beginning of our relation. Beside this, i feel i’m not his priority person, he showing his care when the time we get in quarrel. When i feel...
Continue Reading

Friend Is Going ‘Crazy’

I am really scared as my friend has started saying some really weird things like that I am going to hell and that someone close to me will turn on me which will cause me to go to hell and sometimes she goes into this trance and starts talking to someone like someone else is there when there is none she also says that she is part of another realm called the shadow realm...
Continue Reading

Do All the Different Medications Make It Worse?

From Switzerland: My story began in 1999 at the age of 29, when I was diagnosed with depression and agoraphobia. In the years between now and then I struggled with various prescriptions. The „protagonist“ was always a SSRI. I tested around six of them. Then of course after the severe anxieties and panic attacks they gave me bezodiazepine Lorazepam (named Temesta), where soon I was addicted to and still am. Now, after all these...
Continue Reading

Why Do I Have Cravings to Poison My Body?

From Sweden: So, I suffer from mild depression and severe social anxiety, and this past year I’ve been craving caffeine, cigarettes and alcohol even though I have never tried the two last ones and I always hated caffeine. I cut sugar from my diet almost entirely. I cannot stomach sugary things and instead I crave anything that’d somehow poison my body. The cravings are worse and worse and I told my therapist about this...
Continue Reading

My Son Is Showing Strange Symptoms

My 13 year old son has been before diagnosed with GAD, but recently he has been very depressed for most of the time, and only ever showing signs of happiness when he has food or toys. He spends most of his time alone, but his grades are fine. He never really wants to leave the house, and he never wants to socialize with his friends anymore. 2 years ago he switched to a private...
Continue Reading

Too Extreme and Frequent Mood Swings

From India: Sometimes I feel so energetic, fresh, free and confident, I could say anything to anyone without hesitation. These are the times when I wonder why I ever get sad. But when I do get down, it’s intolerable, I feel desperate, restless, nauseated, I feel my stomach churning, a gut wrench, I cannot sleep, I keep turning, I get suicidal thoughts such that I often plan my suicide, I wish to cry and...
Continue Reading

Supporting My Boyfriend’s Parents

My boyfriend and I have been living together for almost a year. I know that he is the man that I am going to spend my life with and I have no doubts about that. We live in his home with his parents and because they are not working we completely support them and pay for everything. His mom has a multitude of health issues and is in her 50s she hasn’t worked in...
Continue Reading

My Daughter Blames Me for Her Suicide in Her Farewell Letter. How Can I Survive?

From Netherlands: Our beloved daughter committed suicide at age 20 on 9 September 2014. She was a brilliant student but had difficulties with her studies and holding friends. She was depressed and liked to be home with us her parents and sister. She was diagnosed with autism or schizoid. She decided not to be treated. She could never express her feelings, she said she could not feel. She took pills and left us on...
Continue Reading

Confusion about ADHD Medication

From Denmark: Hi, I am living in Denmark, I found your website, very interesting about ADHD and, I have a question about medication, which I would to have some advice about. And sorry if my message is a bit long. I am a 35 male, diagnosed with ADHD, for 4 months ago. I do work as a doctor, taking my residency in orthopedic surgery. Due to the stress at work, my symptoms were aggravating,...
Continue Reading

Hunger to Kill

I get a hungry feeling when I think of murder. The blood, the meat, it fascinates me. I’m always thinking of the kill. I’ve never done it though. But I’ve done horrible things that are illegal, cheated on tests, lied and had sex with other women while having a girlfriend, etc. I know I’m insane, nothing will change the psychopathy in my deranged soul. But I’d like to know why I want to shoot...
Continue Reading

If He Recovers from Depression, Will We?

From the : A little over a month ago, my boyfriend decided he was no longer happy with me and broke off our four year relationship. He thought I didn’t trust him. He thought I wanted to keep him isolated. Lately, he parties more, eats less, doesn’t want to be around his friends or his family, has difficulty sleeping, and seems generally sad and/or angry. In the last week, I’ve tried letting him know...
Continue Reading