Emotional/Verbal Abuse…and His Mother Makes it Worse!

My husband suffers from depression which manifests as anger, and he is emotionally/verbally abusive. I am trying to help him work through everything, but his mother is making it harder. When I talk to her about our problems, she says stuff like “Well, he just has a short temper like his father,” or “Well, he wouldn’t ever talk to me that #8221; Also, his parents are the main reason for his mental instability. It’s...
Continue Reading

Sound of Sirens In Head, Anxiety Very Scared

Hello, I am 22 years old, I suffer from bad anxiety and I’ve been terrified of developing schizophrenia all of my life, I went through a period of my life a few years ago where I had awful anxiety, and I would hear what sounded like police sirens inside my head from time to time, eventually when my anxiety lessened, the noise went away. Now after the past 6 months my anxiety has come...
Continue Reading

Sexual Feelings Interfere with Studying

From India: i am preparing for a difficult exam. my future depends on the exam. i am thinking always to score well. but some sexual thoughts are disturbing me. i am always tries to focus on studies. for 2 or 3 days i am on the track after i disturbed. again i retrieved and i start studies after 2 days again i disturbed. this is happening to me like a recursive system. i observed...
Continue Reading

I Believe I Have OCD

I have been having issues of being conscious of my own breathing for 2 years. It started off with lips going tingly then my arms would go numb. my chest started hurting it felt like I was getting choked and my face would turn red and I couldn’t get s breath. I notice after a year and a half I was controlling my breathing. The hospital I went to gave me a chest x...
Continue Reading

Is My Daughter Using Her GAD to Manipulate Us?

My daughter has been diagnosed with GAD. Sometimes I struggle with believing what is going on with her as she can be very manipulative. She claims to have anxiety and panic attacks, yet I can see online she brags about a tattoo she has secretly gotten and pretending to drink at family functions (when I know she has not). She also refuses to do any chores around the house, yet expects us to buy...
Continue Reading

Husband’s Love Child Is Hateful to Family

From the : My husband had an affair with my brother’s first wife 29 years ago. I forgave both, and we stayed together and had two children, both boys now 26 and 24. A child was produced from that affair, not disclosed until my children were 8 and 10. My brother was unaware for many years after that and paternity was never established. That child is now 28. At the age of 15 her...
Continue Reading

Husband Asking about Past Now — 15 Years Later

After 15 years together, my husband is now asking me about my previous relationships. Why? When we began dating, we said the past is the past. Now he keeps asking questions about my past. About 2 months ago I found out he was texting a coworker — does this have something to do with it? A: Your intuition sounds right. It seems like he is looking for a reason to justify his texting. Don’t...
Continue Reading

Four for Luck

From Canada: Hi, I’m a sixteen year old figure skater that’s very serious about my sport. Superstitious habits aren’t uncommon for athletes and I started mine about a year ago. Before getting on the ice for practice, I’d tap the boards four times and I’d think: four for good luck. It turned into a habit and I’d catch myself unconsciously tapping out four on my leg before going out to jump. Plus, every time...
Continue Reading

I Don’t Recognize Myself & Sometimes Don’t Know if I Was Speaking

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I am surprised at what I see. I recognize the reflection. I have seen the reflection countless times, but I do not recognize it as ME. It’s like something foreign. I used to be able to identify with it, but it has become increasingly difficult to do so. This is problem number 1. Problem number 2 is that I’m not always sure about what is happening around...
Continue Reading

What Does My Nightmare Mean?

From the : What is your opinion on the reason behind a reoccurring nightmare such as this? I am in my home and demons come, take me hostage, burn my house down (which turns into this tall cylinder like building where each floor is a circle and you can look over the railing and see all the floors burning. They kill my family and friends in front of me, but I never die. I...
Continue Reading