Ask the Therapist

Ask the Therapist features questions that are answered by three licensed therapists at no cost to you. Learn more about our therapists or Ask a Question now.

Our Therapists:
Marie Hartwell-Walker, Ed.D. Kristina Randle, Ph.D. Daniel Tomasulo, Ph.D. Holly Counts, PsyD

F E A T U R E D    Q U E S T I O N

Potential Undiagnosed Asperger’s, ADD, and Drug Abuse

December 18th, 2014
I don't know how to get help but I know something is wrong. I recently stopped using drugs and am determined to deal with things I use drugs to cover up. I have social problems, I'm very uncomfortable, I can't make eye contact, I don't understand socializing or talking. I have just forced ...

I’m Hearing Voices in My Head & Constantly Scared of People Watching Me and Plotting Against Me

I don't know whether this is a good site to be on or not. For about a year now I have been hearing a man's voice in my head. It started when I dropped some ...

Depressed Friend

Here's the thing. A very good friend of mine (20) has started acting very unusual, she's skipping classes at college, doesn't smile anymore and doesn't have the will to talk to anyone about her problem. ...

I Think I Have Some Symptoms of DID

From the U.S.: I took your sanity test and got a 50 in dissociation, 50 in PSTD, 69 in depression, and 70 in anxiety. I listed these results specifically because I know that these are ...

Son Has OCD and Depression

My 40-year-old son suffers from severe OCD and depression. It has become worse in the past 3 years. He has been in a relationship during that time but his partner is at the end of ...

Searching for Happiness in My Life

For the past year, I've been struggling to be positive, happy, or feel good about myself, my life, or my relationship. I feel sad and depressed most of the time, crying almost daily. About a ...

Could I Have Schizotypal?

Hello. I'm 18 years old and been wondering about this for some time, even though my sex is female I don't really associate myself with a gender, I feel like I'm genderless instead. ...

Something Is Wrong

From Australia: I'm 15 and I'm too scared to go to a doctor just in case its hormones or I'm just being a drama queen but something's different. I am usually an extremely outgoing person ...

Take Things Very Negatively & Hurt Friends, but Never on Purpose

For the past 7 months or so, I have been feeling very irritable and upset. I notice I tend to takes things negatively almost immediately and realize I probably shouldn't. Work is stressing me out ...

Can’t Approach My Wife for Sex

I have been living with my beloved woman for over 7 years now. We got married over a year ago. But for the past 6 years we hardly have any sex. It has been irregular ...

Passion or Comfort … What Is Important?

From India: I am currently going through a lot of confusion. I became close friends with a girl (Let's call her G) with whom I shared a deep emotional and intellectual connection even though there ...

Suicidal Ideations and Fear of Involuntary Commitment

Although I have a good boyfriend, family, and close friends, I feel completely alone. None of them know the "real" me, and lately I've thought about talking to a professional. I have a psychiatrist who ...

I’m Afraid of Myself & My Mind

It's like someone else's thoughts are in my head telling me to do bad things. I need some help but I don't know what to do or who to turn to, but my mind is ...