T R E N D I N G N O W
- 5 Fun Tricks to Bring Excitement Back to Everyday Life
- ADHD & Adults: 4 Things that Cause Overwhelm and What You Can Do
- 4 Steps to Stop Seeking Approval from Others
- OCD Doesn't Always Strike Alone
- 6 Steps to Reach Your Emotionally Unavailable Partner
- What It Really Means to Practice Radical Acceptance
J U S T P U B L I S H E D
Suicide. What comes to mind when you hear this word? Do you panic and feel overwhelmed and anxious? Does your mind begin to search for answers and question why anyone...
A while back I decided to try an experiment. I interviewed over 20 top leading experts in the field of happiness to ask them what that word actually meant and...
There are lots of reasons people don’t quit their day jobs to write fiction, nonfiction or screenplays. Some of them are lucky, and have money. Some of them may have...
I’m having some major feelings of inferiority right now you guys. Look at how mental illness is portrayed in the media. Any mental illness. The default justification for our existence...
MTSOfan via Compfight I have been talking about psychotherapy but I realize that I haven’t really said how we effect the changes that we want to make. To that end...
1) Adolescence is a vulnerable period in the life of young people, marked by drastic hormonal changes in the body, rapid cognitive development, shifts in self-image, sexuality and peer relationships....
New research has found that people with anorexia nervosa have very different microbial communities residing inside their guts, as compared to healthy individuals. Investigators theorize that this bacterial imbalance is […]
New research suggests the practice of using benzodiazepines to treat psychiatric conditions should be abandoned as evidence suggests the drugs heighten the risk for dementia and death. Benzodiazepines include branded […]
Adolescent girls who text compulsively are more likely than their male peers to do poorly in school, according to new research by the American Psychological Association. The study is the […]
A new paper suggests special patient populations including the disabled or LGBT patients, may receive substandard medical care because of an unconscious bias held by physicians. Physicians’ reluctance to discuss […]
Use of electronic cigarettes is on the upswing because they are considered safer and more socially acceptable than regular cigarettes, and because there are fewer restrictions on their purchase and use. […]