Resources » Depression » FAQs
Reliable depression information from the National Institute for Mental Health (NIMH).
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml - 4-Nov-2005 - Hits: 1653 - Rate This | Details
Psychotherapy for Depression
Your First and Best Treatment Choice This article was written in response to a number of shorter articles from an issue of the American Psychologist (June, 1995, Volume 50, Number 6). These articles were written in response to a prior article in this same journal, which made the same case for psychotherapy as being the treatment of choice for depression, but in gentler terms. I think the time for gentler terms is past and that individuals should be fully informed as to their treatment options, especially with regards to what has been conclusively shown to work for depression. Many individuals often turn to psychotropic medications for immediate relief of emotional problems. I don't believe the research backs up such a solution, as you will see below. Following the extensive quotes from the journal, I have also outlined the major points of these articles.
http://psychcentral.com/lib/psychotherapy-for-depression-your-best-treatment-choice/ - 1-Apr-2000 - Hits: 4804 - Rate This | Details
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-support-depression/An-ASD-Sampler/part1/ - 8-Mar-2000 - Hits: 592 - Rate This | Details
Frequently Asked Questions about Depression
- I think I'm depressed, where do I start?
- It seems that more people are depressed nowadays than in the past. Is the rate of depression increasing?
- What is the difference between grief and depression?
- What are some of the risk factors associated with developing depression?
- When is being depressed a normal reaction and when is it truly major depression?
- How do most people react when they are diagnosed with depression?
- What can I expect regarding other people's reaction?
In this Frequently Asked Questions article, Dr. Bressert answers these questions:
http://psychcentral.com/lib/frequently-asked-questions-about-depression/ - 25-Mar-2006 - Hits: 357 - Rate This | Details
Psych Central Depression Answers
Ask a depression question, or answer questions about depression from others like you, from Psych Central Answers.
http://answers.psychcentral.com/category/Depression - 26-Mar-2008 - Hits: 254 - Rate This | Details