Mental Health & Coping Skills Guide for College Students
Yes, it’s that time again — load up the car with your worldly possessions and head back to your college campus. Whether you’re a student looking for some study tips or just figuring out how to deal with the stress or a problematic new roommate, our Mental Health & Coping Skills Guide for College Students will help you have a more successful semester and school year.
We know that getting back into the swing of the daily semester schedule takes some time, so you should give yourself a break if you find the first couple of weeks a little difficult to break free from that vacation mindset. That’s natural! But at some point, you do have to figure out how you’re going to tackle the semester ahead, and we hope the articles below you do some of that.
Are you a parent or student in elementary, middle or high school? Check out our Back to School Guide for those students and parents instead.
Students interested in psychology should also check out AllPsych, our awesome virtual psychology classroom and blog.
Mental Health Guide for College Students
- Managing Depression & Anxiety While Away At College
How can you manage depression or anxiety while at college?
- 4 Tips for Going Back to School With ADHD
Strategies to make classes work better for you.
- Is Your Hovering Making Your Kid Crash?
Are you making it more difficult for your kid than you need to?
- 6 Essentials to Pack for Freshman Year
What should you pack for your Freshman year?
- 5 Wrong Reasons for Going to College
Not everyone should go to college — here’s why.
- When to Take Time Out From College
Need a break from school?
- When Friends Become Housemates: Making it Work
How do you successfully navigate this new part of your relationship?
- Sharing Space: Rooming House, Cooperative or Collective?
What kind of space will you choose?
- Top 5 Housemate Complaints
Living with housemates can be fraught with perils.
- Honors Students Tell You How To Make the Grades
Don’t take our word for it. Students themselves give you their advice about how to get the grades you want in college.
- Ready or Not: Immature But Headed to College
What steps can you take toward your independence as a college student?
- Get Help for Procrastination
Don’t let procrastination ruin your semester. Take steps to help tackle your procrastination today.
- Does Facebook Help Students Adapt to College?
- Back to College: 5 Survival Tips
These five survival tips will help you keep your head above water this semester.
- Back to School, Back on Schedule
Accepting routines, incorporating reasonable needs and seeking balance through organization helps students get back into the school routine.
- 10 Highly Effective Study Habits
Want to build up your arsenal of good study habits? Here’s ten to help you get started!
- Healthy Study Habits for Students
Need a few more healthy study habits? Here ya go…
- Be Careful While You Text
Texting is more popular than ever, but it can be dangerous to do as a student if you’re not paying attention.
- OCD & College Accommodations
Grohol, J. (2019). Mental Health & Coping Skills Guide for College Students. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 8, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/college-students/