The ‘Going Mental’ Kindle Sweepstakes
We love our readers, but we are always looking for ways to reach even more people to help them learn more about mental health and psychology. We love to read and we hope you do too! In fact, we compose and distribute a weekly newsletter so that folks can keep up-to-date about what’s going on at Psych Central. But we’re always looking for new subscribers.
To that end, we’ve decided to launch our first Sweepstakes — the ‘Going Mental’ Kindle Sweepstakes. We’re ‘going mental’ by giving away 5 new Amazon.com Kindle Readers — one a week — to new subscribers of our weekly Psych Central newsletter.
These are the high-end Kindle readers — the ones with 3G built-in. That means you don’t have to have an Internet connection to even use them. And don’t think you have to buy books to use these things — hundreds of free books are available in the Kindle store, and hundreds of RSS feeds can also be added for minimal monthly fees.
Read on to learn more and how to enter…
I have had a Kindle now for nearly 2 years, and I love it. I find that it’s wonderfully portable and allows me to bring a wide variety of reading with me on trips or wherever I go, without being bogged down by pounds and pounds of heavy books. And unlike other portable media devices, the Kindle’s battery life is amazing. If you’re just using it to read the books already on the device, the Kindle can go between charges for weeks at a time! Best of all? You can take it outside and read in direct sunlight — just like a regular book.
If you’re already a subscriber to the Psych Central newsletter, I’m sorry, but this particular Sweepstakes is not for you (we’re planning to hold a special members-only contest later this year). This is only for folks who are not currently a subscriber to our popular Psych Central newsletter.
What is the Psych Central newsletter? Click here to browse the newsletter’s archives to see what to expect.
To enter the Sweepstakes, all you need do is subscribe to our weekly Psych Central newsletter.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. The “Going Mental Kindle Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older who have Internet access as of September 17, 2010, except for employees, officers, agents and shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and household members [whether or not related]) of Psych Central or Liviant LLC (the “Sponsor”), and its parents, subsidiaries, participating vendors, consultants, freelancers, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, with the Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and any current Psych Central Weekly newsletter subscriber. Void wherever prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”). Sponsor is not responsible for providing any Internet access or use.
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 1:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 17, 2010 through 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2010 (the “Promotional Period”), Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes encouraging participants to enter for a chance to win a prize.
The Sweepstakes will be comprised of five (5) weekly drawings, each to be held at the end of each relevant “Entry Period” as provided below. The Entry Periods are:
|1||Sept. 17, 2010 1:00:00 p.m. ET through Sept. 23, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|2||Sept. 24, 2010 12:00:00 a.m. ET through Oct 1., 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|3||Oct. 2, 2010 12:00:00 a.m. ET through Oct. 8, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|4||Oct. 9, 2010 12:00:00 a.m. ET through Oct. 16, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|5||Oct. 17, 2010 12:00:00 a.m. ET through Oct. 23, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
To enter the weekly drawings, during the Promotional Period, participants must log on to the Psych Central website, located at psychcentral.com during the applicable Entry Period and complete and signup to receive the Psych Central Weekly Newsletter (the subscription form is available on any page on the psychcentral.com website) through a legitimate, valid e-mail address. The subscription must be confirmed by the participant. Current Psych Central newsletter subscribers are not eligible for this Sweepstakes.
To be eligible for weekly prizes all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59p.m. ET on the last day of the applicable Entry Period. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on a winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address. No entrant may win more than one (1) Grand Prize. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO WIN: Five (5) grand prize winners (collectively, the “Grand Prize Winners”) will be randomly selected (one (1) on or about the last day of each Entry Period) by a representative of PSYCH CENTRAL, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Periods. The decision of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Potential winners will be confirmed by e-mail only, and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winners should receive their prizes within two (2) to four (4) weeks of notification.
4. PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) Amazon Kindle 3G/wifi electronic reader, at an approximate market value (“AMV”) of One Hundred and Eighty-Nine Dollars ($189) per Grand Prize Winner. TOTAL AMV OF ALL PRIZES (5 PRIZES): $945. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Grand Prize Winners. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Grand Prize Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants grant Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Potential Grand Prize Winners may each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release and return within ten (10) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of potential winner to respond to a notification attempt within ten (10) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Grand Prize Winner declines his or her prize or (iii) a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.
This article features affiliate links to Amazon.com, where a small commission is paid to Psych Central if a book is purchased. Thank you for your support of Psych Central!
Grohol, J. (2018). The ‘Going Mental’ Kindle Sweepstakes. Psych Central. Retrieved on December 2, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/the-going-mental-kindle-sweepstakes/