Many adult survivors of childhood trauma go through life struggling with both the immediate as well as latent consequences of having been abused, mentally, physically, or sexually. The chaos and unpredictability characteristic of abuse occurring in childhood, especially by someone the adult survivor trusts can leave survivors deficient in their sense of trust, which is a critical component of healthy development.
- Learn how to identify the common characteristics of current struggles associated with a traumatic past.
- Learn how cultural, ethical, gender, and other considerations affect the interpretation of trauma.
- Learn effective ways to help clients create healthier relationships and living environment.
- Learn to identify cognitive techniques to challenge dysfunctional belief system.
- Learn how to help clients adjust their perception of self from victim to survivor.
Dr. Bates-Duford has engaged in extensive work and research on familial relationships, family trauma, and dysfunctions. She is known for her work with traumatic experience and symptom re-emergence. With nearly 20 years in the field of behavioral sciences she has been instrumental in her work with stabilizing families, helping individuals and families navigate the challenges of mental illness, as well as victims of abuse/trauma reprocess the memory of the trauma in a manners that no longer paralyzes nor interferes with daily functioning. She is an accomplished author of children’s books covering topics such as, conduct disorder, ADHD, parenting a child with special needs, and trauma.
Dr. Tarra Bates-Duford, PhD, MFT,CRS, CMFSW is the Founder & CEO of Family Matters Counseling Group, PLLC.
This webinar has passed, you can watch the recording here:
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
This webinar is a live, 45-minute seminar with a PowerPoint presentation followed by a Q&A moderated by Gabe Howard, host of The Psych Central Show podcast. There is no charge for the webinar, but registration is required. All registrants will receive a link to the recording.
Space is limited so please register early. Thank you.