Free Live Webinar: Breaking Free from Perfectionism (Ignore that Voice in Your Head!)
Perfectionism can be far too easily defined as your most reliable skill. You’re known to get the job done and make it look easy as you go. Your life is extremely busy, but you always make time for others when they need you. You’re upbeat, each smiling selfie another testament to how good your life really is. How could you possibly question the value of creating what looks to others like the perfect life? Because underneath perfectionism can lie intense loneliness and despair, stuffed away because pain or vulnerability isn’t allowed in this perfect-looking world, and never was encouraged or supported in the past.
What you can look forward to learning:
1) The ten characteristics of perfectly hidden depression (when perfectionism is masking depression).
2) Three forms of perfectionism and which one is the most dangerous.
3) How to discover the shaming inner voice (She calls hers “Bob”) that keeps you silent.
4) How to identify and question the rigid rules from your past that you’re following that no longer need to exist.
5) The specific directions you want to move toward in your life as you begin to uncover feelings long suppressed and make your own choices about how to live your life.
Dr. Rutherford will also provide a link to a questionnaire that can give you a clue of where you might fall on the spectrum of perfectly hidden depression, ten specific journal prompts that can act as a comforting and supportive guide as your work begins, and suggestions for further learning.
Dr. Margaret Rutherford, a clinical psychologist, has practiced for twenty-six years in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Her work can be found at www.DrMargaretRutherford.com, as well as HuffPost, Psych Central, The Mighty, the Gottman Blog and others. She hosts a weekly podcast, SelfWork with Dr. Margaret Rutherford. Her new book, Perfectly Hidden Depression, will be published by New Harbinger in 2019.
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM Eastern (EDT)
This webinar is a live, 45-minute seminar with a PowerPoint presentation followed by a Q&A moderated by Gabe Howard, host of The Psych Central Show podcast. There is no charge for the webinar, but registration is required. All registrants will receive a link to the recording.
Space is limited so please register early. Thank you.
Howard, G. (2019). Free Live Webinar: Breaking Free from Perfectionism (Ignore that Voice in Your Head!). Psych Central. Retrieved on October 31, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/free-live-webinar-breaking-free-from-perfectionism-ignore-that-voice-in-your-head/