Best of Our Blogs: March 8, 2016
These days there are subscription based services for everything from healthy snacks to yoga gear. Opening a box full of surprise gifts every week or month curated just for you can feel a lot like Christmas.
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a mental health subscription box to make you feel good on the inside?
What type of things would you put in there?
- Photos of loved ones that includes your furry friends.
- A beautiful journal for creative expression.
- Your favorite tea.
- A coloring book.
- Coupons for things like calling a friend.
- A self-care book or favorite fiction read.
- Written inspirational quotes.
- Printed out blog posts like the ones below. For example, helpful ones with tips on calming an anxious child, funny ones like the post on narcissism, and for inspiration, a post on dealing with feeling out of control.
- A printed out list of loving and kind words others have written or said about you.
- A photo or trinket that reminds you of a place that makes you feel safe, peaceful and happy.
Creating a self-care box will boost your mood when you’re going through a difficult time and may be the best gift you could give a friend and yourself.
4 Ways to Use Your Anger to Be More Powerful
(Childhood Emotional Neglect) – Are you good at suppressing your anger? Children of emotional neglectful parents often are. This will help you express and use this difficult emotion in a healthy way.
49 Phrases to Calm an Anxious Child
(Stress Better) – Instead of telling them to “stop being so scared,” there are better ways we can be there for our kids. Take out this list when you need to help them deal with their fears.
If (Fill-In-The-Blank)…You Might Be a Narcissist (Pt 1)
(Narcissism Meets Normalcy) – You probably know someone who is narcissistic. If so, you might recognize them and get a laugh by reading this list of true stories told by those who know.
When Things Are Out Of Your Control
(Being Beautifully Bipolar) – You feel like things are spinning out of control. How do you cope? Elaina gives guidance for anyone who likes to be in control, but feels out of control right now.
3 Ways to be Physically Healthy While Fighting Depression
(Don’t Call Me Crazy) – Here’s how to do the seemingly impossible-manage your physical health while depressed. If you know someone who is depressed and needs help maintaining their physical health, you need to read this.
Uyemura, B. (2018). Best of Our Blogs: March 8, 2016. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 28, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/best-of-our-blogs-march-8-2016/