About John Tsilimparis, MFT
JOHN TSILIMPARIS, MFT is a psychotherapist in Los Angeles that has become a go-to expert for the media on many areas of psychological issues. He has appeared on KCBS-TV, KABC-TV, KCAL-TV, KTLA-TV and other news programs to comment on subjects such as, marriage and divorce, holiday stress, empty nest syndrome, seasonal affective disorder, celebrity addictions, lottery fever, etc. John's radio appearances include Air-Talk with Larry Mantle on KPCC-FM and recently on KPFK-AM radio.
John has also been featured as a regular on the TV documentary series, Obsessed, on the A&E Television Network. He also appeared on the reality show Collection Intervention and The View.
John teaches classes for students as well as lay people about anxiety disorders, depression, and addiction. He has presented workshops at UCLA Extension. John teaches at Pepperdine University and Antioch University.
He is also a regular blogger on the Huffington Post and has published articles on many of the subjects mentioned above. Please visit his Huffington Post page.
Articles by John Tsilimparis, MFT:
- The New Scapegoat for Gun Violence: Mental Illness
27 Feb 2018
- Existential Despair: A Deeper Cause of Human Anxiety
31 Jan 2018
- Depression: An Illness, Not a Choice
15 Jan 2018
- Secondhand Trauma — Is It Real? The 2017 Hurricane Season Is Affecting Everyone
22 Sep 2017
- Got Stress? If Your Glass Is Always Half Empty — Get a Smaller Glass!
11 Sep 2017
- Surviving Mental Health Issues: Am I Unique or a Freak?
01 Aug 2017