About Janet Singer
Janet Singer’s son Dan suffered from OCD so severe that he could not even eat. After navigating through a disorienting maze of treatments and programs, Dan made a triumphant recovery. Janet has become an advocate for OCD awareness and wants everyone to know that OCD, no matter how severe, is treatable. There is so much hope for those with this disorder. Janet, who uses a pseudonym to protect her son’s privacy, is the author of Overcoming OCD: A Journey to Recovery, published in January 2015 by Rowman & Littlefield. Her own blog, www.ocdtalk.wordpress.com, has reached readers in 167 countries. She is married with three children and resides in New England.
Articles by Janet Singer:
- What Stephen Hawking Can Teach Us about Good Mental Health
16 Mar 2018
- OCD, Learning, and Memory Problems
21 Feb 2018
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Contribute to Brain Disorders?
17 Feb 2018
- Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Children and Adolescents with OCD?
12 Feb 2018
- Perfectionism Among College Students Grows
09 Feb 2018
- OCD and Obsessive Thoughts About Another Person
25 Jan 2018
- Distorted Physical Sensations in OCD
23 Jan 2018
- Digital Versus Human Communication
19 Jan 2018
- Can Simulating Hallucinations Help Us Learn about Psychosis?
17 Jan 2018
- You’ve Beaten OCD – Now What?
24 Dec 2017
- Does Pregnancy Alter the Brain’s Immune Function?
19 Dec 2017
- The Cost of OCD — And Yes, I’m Talking about Money
14 Dec 2017
- OCD and Virtual Reality
02 Dec 2017
- OCD and Seasonal Affective Disorder
23 Nov 2017
- What We Can Learn from Thanksgiving
19 Nov 2017
- Four Genes Linked to OCD
10 Nov 2017
- The Importance of the Pediatrician
24 Oct 2017
- New Guidelines for Treating Transgender People
21 Oct 2017
- OCD and Computational Psychiatry
16 Oct 2017
- OCD Awareness Week 2017
08 Oct 2017
- OCD & Exhaustion
06 Oct 2017
- OCD and Shopping Anxiety
01 Oct 2017
- Should You Hide Your Anxiety from Your Children?
22 Sep 2017
- In Times of Tragedy — How Do We Cope?
07 Sep 2017
- Thoughts on Time Versus Money
27 Aug 2017
- OCD and Sleep Timing
16 Aug 2017
- Educating Teacher and Students about OCD
13 Aug 2017
- Our Human Chain
30 Jul 2017
- Should You Record Your Doctor’s Visits?
25 Jul 2017
- Pediatric OCD and Its Effects on Family
22 Jul 2017
- Brain Inflammation and OCD
20 Jul 2017
- Aging Wisely
29 Jun 2017
- Mental Health Awareness Month
03 May 2017