About John M. Grohol, Psy.D.
Dr. John Grohol is the founder & CEO of Psych Central. He is an author, researcher and expert in mental health online, and has been writing about online behavior, mental health and psychology issues -- as well as the intersection of technology and human behavior -- since 1992. Dr. Grohol sits on the editorial board of the journal Computers in Human Behavior and is a founding board member and treasurer of the Society for Participatory Medicine. He writes regularly and extensively on mental health concerns, the intersection of technology and psychology, and advocating for greater acceptance of the importance and value of mental health in today's society. You can learn more about Dr. John Grohol here.
Articles by John M. Grohol, Psy.D.:
- 9 Ways to Work Through Your Next Fight About Money
18 Apr 2018
- Helicopter Parenting: Encourage Your Child’s Free-Range Freedom Instead
10 Apr 2018
- Seroquel, Atypical Antipsychotics for Insomnia, Dementia?
07 Apr 2018
- Psych Central Supports National School Walkout #Enough
14 Mar 2018
- Introducing A Bipolar, a Schizophrenic, and a Podcast
12 Mar 2018
- Who Will Protect the Psychologists & Therapists?
11 Mar 2018
- Why So Angry & Irritable? It Might Be Depression
28 Feb 2018
- Another School Shooting, Another Week in America
16 Feb 2018
- Am I Depressed or Just Lazy?
12 Feb 2018
- Super Bowl Babies: More Boy Births 9 Months Later?
04 Feb 2018
- Schizophrenia Prevalence: Fear-Mongering, Fake News & the NIMH
01 Feb 2018
- What Does Trump’s MoCA Cognitive Test Really Tell Us?
17 Jan 2018
- Why You Shouldn’t Give Up on Your New Year’s Resolutions
15 Jan 2018
- Assessing a President’s Mental Health
08 Jan 2018
- The Surprising Sexuality of (Male) Gamers
30 Dec 2017
- Gaming Disorder Now Real? Why You Shouldn’t Get Your Health News from Forbes
26 Dec 2017
- Merry Christmas 2017
25 Dec 2017
- ADHD is Real (Like All Mental Disorders Are)
11 Dec 2017
- Coping with Bipolar Disorder & Depression Around the Holidays
08 Dec 2017
- Should You Let Your Doctor Monitor Your Medication Intake?
18 Nov 2017
- How to Deal with a Passive Aggressive Person
02 Nov 2017
- Woman as Lab Rats: Orgasm in an fMRI Machine
21 Oct 2017
- The Psych Central Show Podcast is a WEGO Health Award Winner
19 Oct 2017
- Top 25 Psychiatric Medications for 2016
12 Oct 2017
- Want to Die? Call 911 & Hold a Closed Multi-Purpose Tool
11 Oct 2017
- The Psychology of Conspiracy Theories: Why Do People Believe Them?
05 Oct 2017
- Recommendations for Reporting on Mental Health & Mental Illness
03 Oct 2017
- Medical Marijuana for Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety & Mental Illness: Can It Help?
29 Sep 2017
- Mental Health & the Psychology of Surviving a Hurricane
19 Sep 2017
- Mindfulness for the Rest of Us
13 Sep 2017
- Hurricane Irma: A Chance to Lock up the Homeless in Miami
09 Sep 2017
- Feeling Lonely at College
06 Sep 2017
- Why I Wouldn’t Take Google’s Depression Test
01 Sep 2017
- Psychology Today Promotes Its Own Trump Fake News
17 Aug 2017
- TAO Connect: What if a Computer Could Help You with Psychotherapy, Alter Your Habits?
08 Aug 2017
- Your Brain is Not a Computer
04 Aug 2017
- Why WebMD Should Run Away from Internet Brands/KKR Deal
25 Jul 2017
- The Blue Whale Challenge is Real, Sad, & Frightening
13 Jul 2017
- Screening Tests Don’t Diagnose People
30 May 2017
- Secret Documents: Facebook Appears to Put Features, Profit Above Users’ Safety
22 May 2017
- Is Suicide Contagion Real?
19 May 2017
- The Psychology of ’13 Reasons Why,’ Suicide & High School Life
09 May 2017
- Even Facebook Doesn’t Understand Facebook’s Algorithms
02 May 2017
- Decision Fatigue: Does it Help to Wear the Same Clothes Every Day?
17 Apr 2017
- Stop Refusing to Apologize & Embrace Being Sorry
14 Apr 2017
- Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, & the Microbiome
10 Apr 2017
- Project Semicolon Founder Amy Bleuel Dies at 31
31 Mar 2017
- Psychology of Empathy: Why It May Hurt More Than You Know
27 Mar 2017
- No, Researchers Have Not Discovered the Cause of OCD
19 Mar 2017
- Mothers’ Depression, Not SSRI Use, Best Explains Researchers’ Results
17 Mar 2017