About John M. Grohol, Psy.D.
Dr. John Grohol is the founder & CEO of Psych Central. He is an author, researcher and expert in mental health online, and has been writing about online behavior, mental health and psychology issues -- as well as the intersection of technology and human behavior -- since 1992. Dr. Grohol sits on the editorial board of the journal Computers in Human Behavior and is a founding board member and treasurer of the Society for Participatory Medicine.
Articles by John M. Grohol, Psy.D.:
- What Does Trump’s MoCA Cognitive Test Really Tell Us?
17 Jan 2018
- Why You Shouldn’t Give Up on Your New Year’s Resolutions
15 Jan 2018
- Assessing a President’s Mental Health
08 Jan 2018
- The Surprising Sexuality of (Male) Gamers
30 Dec 2017
- Gaming Disorder Now Real? Why You Shouldn’t Get Your Health News from Forbes
26 Dec 2017
- Merry Christmas 2017
25 Dec 2017
- ADHD is Real (Like All Mental Disorders Are)
11 Dec 2017
- Coping with Bipolar Disorder & Depression Around the Holidays
08 Dec 2017
- Should You Let Your Doctor Monitor Your Medication Intake?
18 Nov 2017
- How to Deal with a Passive Aggressive Person
02 Nov 2017
- Woman as Lab Rats: Orgasm in an fMRI Machine
21 Oct 2017
- The Psych Central Show Podcast is a WEGO Health Award Winner
19 Oct 2017
- Top 25 Psychiatric Medications for 2016
12 Oct 2017
- Want to Die? Call 911 & Hold a Closed Multi-Purpose Tool
11 Oct 2017
- The Psychology of Conspiracy Theories: Why Do People Believe Them?
05 Oct 2017
- Recommendations for Reporting on Mental Health & Mental Illness
03 Oct 2017
- Medical Marijuana for Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety & Mental Illness: Can It Help?
29 Sep 2017
- Mental Health & the Psychology of Surviving a Hurricane
19 Sep 2017
- Mindfulness for the Rest of Us
13 Sep 2017
- Hurricane Irma: A Chance to Lock up the Homeless in Miami
09 Sep 2017
- Feeling Lonely at College
06 Sep 2017
- Why I Wouldn’t Take Google’s Depression Test
01 Sep 2017
- Psychology Today Promotes Its Own Trump Fake News
17 Aug 2017
- TAO Connect: What if a Computer Could Help You with Psychotherapy, Alter Your Habits?
08 Aug 2017
- Your Brain is Not a Computer
04 Aug 2017
- Why WebMD Should Run Away from Internet Brands/KKR Deal
25 Jul 2017
- The Blue Whale Challenge is Real, Sad, & Frightening
13 Jul 2017
- Screening Tests Don’t Diagnose People
30 May 2017
- Secret Documents: Facebook Appears to Put Features, Profit Above Users’ Safety
22 May 2017
- Is Suicide Contagion Real?
19 May 2017
- The Psychology of ’13 Reasons Why,’ Suicide & High School Life
09 May 2017
- Even Facebook Doesn’t Understand Facebook’s Algorithms
02 May 2017
- Decision Fatigue: Does it Help to Wear the Same Clothes Every Day?
17 Apr 2017
- Stop Refusing to Apologize & Embrace Being Sorry
14 Apr 2017
- Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, & the Microbiome
10 Apr 2017
- Project Semicolon Founder Amy Bleuel Dies at 31
31 Mar 2017
- Psychology of Empathy: Why It May Hurt More Than You Know
27 Mar 2017
- No, Researchers Have Not Discovered the Cause of OCD
19 Mar 2017
- Mothers’ Depression, Not SSRI Use, Best Explains Researchers’ Results
17 Mar 2017
- How Trumpcare Will Affect Mental Health
09 Mar 2017
- Delayed High School Start Times Benefit Students
08 Mar 2017
- Did the House Just Let People with Mental Illness Buy Guns?
04 Feb 2017
- Can a President Have a Mental Illness?
03 Feb 2017
- After FTC Action, Elimidrol Suddenly a Mood Enhancement Supplement
26 Jan 2017
- Outrage Over Katelyn Nicole Davis Video Suicide Misses the Point
24 Jan 2017
- Trying to Lose Weight? Maybe You Should Ditch That New Wearable
17 Jan 2017
- How the Repeal of Obamacare Will Impact People with Mental Illness
14 Jan 2017
- Who Looks After the President’s Mental Health?
07 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year 2017!
01 Jan 2017
- E-therapy Provider Talkspace Under Fire, CEO Oren Frank Responds
28 Dec 2016