About Christy Matta, MA
Christy Matta M.A. is a trainer, consultant and writer. She is the author of "The Stress Response: How Dialectical Behavior Therapy Can Free You from Needless Anxiety, Worry, Anger, and Other Symptoms of Stress."
Christy has worked in mental health since 1994, is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy(DBT) and has extensive training in Mindfulness. She is an experienced group leader and trainer in both Mindfulness and DBT Skills Groups. Christy blogs regularly for Psych Central at Dialectical Behavior Therapy Understood.
Articles by Christy Matta, MA:
- Interventions That Really Work for College Drinking
27 Oct 2013
- Why Do We Overeat?
26 Sep 2013
- 5 Cognitive Behavioral Strategies for Losing Weight that Work
18 Sep 2013
- The Mysteries of Sleep Explained
08 Sep 2013
- Diets & Dieting: Is it Time to End the Debate?
24 Aug 2013
- Can Distraction Contribute to Mental Illness?
10 Aug 2013
- 7th Canadian Conference on Dementia
28 Jul 2013
- 5 Steps to Improve Sleep & Emotional Vulnerability
18 Jul 2013
- Unraveling the Secrets of Our Mysterious Brain
23 Jun 2013
- New to Mindfulness? How to Get Started
03 Jun 2013
- Our Brain on Stress: Forgetful & Emotional
06 May 2013
- How Trauma Can Affect Your Body & Mind
18 Apr 2013
- Top 4 Alternative Treatments: Are They Right For You?
07 Apr 2013
- Stress in America: Our Healthcare System Falls Short
14 Mar 2013
- Why Are Women So Stressed in the Workplace?
10 Mar 2013
- The No. 1 Obstacle to Weight Loss
07 Mar 2013
- 6 Strategies to Make Valuable Work Connections
18 Feb 2013
- 8 Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Your Health
13 Feb 2013
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation: A New Electrical Treatment for Depression?
06 Feb 2013
- Improve Kids’ Behavior: Catch Them Being Good
28 Jan 2013
- 4 Strategies to Help You Bounce Back from Adversity
20 Jan 2013
- Is Distance Treatment the Wave of the Future?
10 Jan 2013
- 9 Tips for Surviving Holiday Stress
23 Dec 2012
- Do Fashion Magazines Make You Feel Fat?
20 Dec 2012
- Strategies to Help Bear Our Anguish
19 Dec 2012
- Understanding the Alarming Rate of Suicide Among Soldiers
14 Dec 2012
- Pollution and Well-Being: A Startling Connection
05 Dec 2012
- Does Success Lead to Happiness?
02 Dec 2012
- Can You Decrease Belly Fat with Mindfulness?
15 Nov 2012
- Social Touching: Building or Breaking Connections
12 Nov 2012
- Can Exercise Make You Smarter?
09 Nov 2012
- Politics: Are We Really More Divided Than Ever?
05 Nov 2012
- Police Officers More Likely to Shoot When Anxious
04 Nov 2012
- Do Your Fears Hold You Back? 3 Simple Strategies to Ease Fear
02 Nov 2012
- Why Do We Dwell in the Past?
25 Oct 2012
- Can We Learn from the Boy Scouts’ Perversion Files?
21 Oct 2012
- 7 Simple Parenting Strategies That Work
19 Oct 2012
- Are You Tired All the Time? Food Might Be to Blame
16 Oct 2012
- How Reading Lights Up Your Mind
15 Oct 2012
- Impulse and Envy: When You Shouldn’t Buy That Car
13 Oct 2012
- Why It’s Important to Feel Valued At Your Job
09 Oct 2012
- How We Get Stuck In Intractable Conflict
06 Oct 2012
- Do You Choke Under Pressure? A Routine That May Help
03 Oct 2012
- Does Obesity Change Your Sense of Taste?
28 Sep 2012
- How to Curb Your Food Cravings
27 Sep 2012
- Want Better Health? Your Eating Environment Matters
25 Sep 2012
- Why is it So Hard to Curb Your Cravings?
24 Sep 2012
- 5 Ways to Respond to a Complainer at Work
23 Sep 2012
- Are You Making a Fundamental Mistake in Managing Your Health?
19 Sep 2012
- The Key to Success: It May Not Be What You Think It Is
13 Sep 2012