30 More Journaling Prompts for Self-Reflection and Self-Discovery
In September I shared 30 prompts, questions and ideas to help you get to know yourself better.
This month I’m sharing 30 more.
When we get to know ourselves better, we know what we need. That means we can respond to those needs and make better, kinder decisions.
1. Write about your favorite holiday. List three reasons why it’s your favorite.
2. If you could write a letter to your body, what would it say?
3. I make myself these 10 promises …
4. Describe a time when you felt fulfilled. Where were you? What were you doing? What about that moment felt so satisfying?
5. What do your emotions sound, look and feel like?
6. What is your favorite thing to do when the sky is cloudless and the sun hurts your eyes?
7. If your heart could talk, what would it say?
8. What is the thing you could do every day for a year and feel fulfilled?
9. So far I’ve learned these lessons about life …
10. What thoughts greet you in the morning?
11. Write about the questions swirling in your mind lately. Then answer them.
12. What I am incredibly, ridiculously, annoyingly tired of is …
13. What song lyrics have served as a guiding light for you? (If there aren’t any, what about a specific quote, poem or story? If you like, find one of these this week.)
14. Write a love letter to your favorite object.
15. What do you remember about your 16th birthday? After you write what happened, include your feelings.
16. What do you remember about your 21st birthday? Again, write about what happened along with your feelings.
17. What hurts right now? How can you heal it?
18. Write about three things you’d wake up for at 5 o’clock in the morning. It could be an activity, a certain food, an adventure. Include as much detail as possible.
19. When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
20. What is your favorite thing to do when it’s raining?
21. What are the things in your home that are most “you”?
22. I wish to experience this for the first time …
23. What is your favorite smell?
24. What is your favorite sound?
25. Where would you like to spend the week? This place may or may not exist yet. And it may or may not be on this planet.
27. Write about how you’re doing. Right now. Don’t censor. No need for complete sentences. Just spill.
28. Franz Kafka eloquently said: “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty in every age of life really never grows old.” Write about the beauty you see in your loved ones. Then write about the beauty you see in yourself.
29. Write about the goals you had as a high schooler, young adult and now. How are they different? How are they similar?
30. If you have a goal in mind, explore these eight questions to make sure you really want it.
What are your favorite prompts? What are your favorite ways to get to know yourself?
Tartakovsky, M. (2014). 30 More Journaling Prompts for Self-Reflection and Self-Discovery. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 27, 2017, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/11/21/30-more-journaling-prompts-for-self-reflection-and-self-discovery/