I’m proud to tell you about a new, free benefit offered to Psych Central members and readers — a drug discount card.
The Psych Central drug discount card can save you up to 80% or more off the cost of prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and pet prescription drugs.
The Psych Central Drug Discount Card is accepted at over 60,000 pharmacies, including major chains such as Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and at regional chains and local stores. It is offered in partnership with NeedyMeds.
The card may be used by those without insurance and by those who decide not to use their insurance — for example if the drug is not covered under their plan, the copay or deductible is high, the cap has been reached, or if they are in the donut hole.
There are no income, insurance or residency requirements, and no fees or registration process needed to use the card. One card can be shared with friends and family members, or they can print their own.
The card can also be used for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies if written on a prescription blank, and pet prescription medicines purchased at a pharmacy.
The card is active immediately and never expires. Every time the card is used, our partner NeedyMeds receives a small amount to help them cover their expenses in administering the program. Psych Central receives zero compensation with your use of the card.
What If I Have Insurance?
Anyone can use the card, but it can’t be combined with insurance. You can use it instead of insurance if:
- The insurance has no drug coverage
- There is a high drug deductible
- There is a low medicine cap that has been met
- There is a high copay and the card offers a better price
- You are in the Medicare Part D donut hole
The card cannot be used to lower a co-payment.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the card: Psych Central Drug Discount Card (PDF)
- Print it out.
- Cut out the card and paste or tape it together.
- Give the card to the pharmacist along with your prescription.
- The pharmacist will tell you how much you saved using our drug discount card.
Want a plastic, physical version of the card instead?
Send NeedyMeds a self-addressed stamped envelope, requesting a Psych Central Drug Discount Card to the address below and they will send you a card.
- Psych Central/NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card
P.O. Box 219
Gloucester, MA 01931
Have more questions? Check out the Questions and Answers section.
We hope this discount card is of benefit to our readers and members.