A Course in Mindful Living: The Mindful Living Launchpad
Have you heard of mindfulness but aren’t sure how to put it into practice in your own life? Or maybe you’ve tried some mindfulness techniques and they didn’t really stick?
People are more distracted than other, and instead of technology helping us, it actually appears to be a part of the problem in most people’s lives. We’ve got some mindfulness educational offerings to let you know about to help.
How would you like to have a deeper understanding of the fundamental strengths that a person needs to make any goal feel clearer, more attainable, and more deeply integrated into how you approach each day? Yeah, me too.
How would you like to find more focus at home, at work, or just in your life in general? How would you like to understand about keeping good mindfulness techniques in your life, leading to measurable, meaningful change?
That’s what the Mindful Living Launchpad is all about. Better still is that this video series and masterclass is absolutely free. Best yet, the masterclass is taught by one of the leading experts in mindfulness, Elisha Goldstein, Ph.D.
Dr. Elisha Goldstein, who was one of the first regular bloggers with Psych Central back in 2009, is more notably a psychologist and the co-founder of the very successful The Center for Mindful Living in West Los Angeles with his wife, Stefanie Goldstein, PhD, an international mindfulness educator. He’s also the author of five amazing books, including Uncovering Happiness and The Now Effect, as well as being the co-author of A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook. In short, you cannot find a more dynamic and amazing individual to be leading this course.
According to the course authors, here are the takeaways you’ll learn after watching the videos and taking the masterclass:
- A specific framework that combines 6 core attributes with a key change agent that has positively impacted hundreds of lives
- Why an awareness of “here and now” is helpful, but not enough, when looking to make a significant and sustained change in your life (and what supplements you need)
- Why focus is essential for any achievement, large or small (and how to strengthen it)
- How positive social connection and support boosts commitment and energy (and how to optimize or grow your existing networks)
- How tuning the nervous system can help break unhealthy habits, while supporting healthier ones (and how to do this)
- What science tells us about the power of self-compassion and positive emotion in growing resilience
The three free videos are available to view after registering with the Launchpad. In the first video, you’ll understand how strengthening your attention span can reduce stress, anxiety and even depression. In the second video, you’ll learn how to curate your social circle to avoid toxic relationships and regain energy for long term results. Finally, the third video helps you understand the difference between intention and commitment and what can help you with the latter.
Why does Dr. Goldstein do it? “I’m on a mission to catalyze the next age of thriving,” he says. “In an increasingly fragmented society, I am working to bring people together so they may motivate and inspire one another.”
The live masterclass is entitled, “Making Changes Stick: When mindfulness isn’t enough: how to be the change you want to see in your life” and occurs on September 24, 2018 at 8:00 pm EST (5:00 pm PST).
Graduate to A Course in Mindful Living
Once you’ve taken the free masterclass and enjoyed the videos, you can take your mindfulness learning to the next step.
A Course in Mindful Living is a 6-month online mindfulness training program that goes beyond just the foundations you learned from the Mindful Living Launchpad. This course has an emphasis on real human connection and mutual support, so it includes personalized coaching, a vibrant online community, on-demand guided meditation, and much more:
- Robust Curriculum: Build mind strength, calm, focus, joy, and have more energy with a bi-weekly curriculum designed to give you time to learn, practice, and integrate mindful living into your day to day.
- Inspiring Community: Surround yourself with inspiring people so you can connect and be supported as you take your life to the next level.
- Insider Conversations: Leading mindfulness teachers discuss overcoming obstacles, reducing anxiety, improving relationships, increasing focus, and more.
- Personalized Coaching: 1:1 access to coaches via live chat, as well live group coaching with a small and intimate group via Zoom to give you the support to stay consistent during the inevitable ups and downs that come with habit change.
- Live Monthly Events with Elisha: Go deeper, ask questions and reflect on your journey.
- Accountability: Exclusive access to a community of past graduates for mentorship; peers keep you accountable with the energy and support you need to thrive.
- Resources: Up to 2 hours of research-driven educational and inspirational on-demand video presentations per month.
- Variety: Downloadable guided meditations of varying length to fit your needs and lifestyle.
- Mobile App: Take your learning, meditations, and support network wherever you go.
- Continuing Education Credits: 18.5 CE credits for psychotherapists, social workers, and nurses.
I’d recommend trying out the free Launchpad course first, and see if that works and resonates with you. If the answer is a resounding Yes! and you want to take your mindfulness training to the next level, then consider the full Course in Mindful Living.
If you enroll in this course before September 30, 2018, you’ll receive a discount of $400 off of the usual $1,297 price ($897). (Psych Central is paid an affiliate fee when you enroll through the link below.)
Interested? Learn more about the course and enroll today!
Grohol, J. (2018). A Course in Mindful Living: The Mindful Living Launchpad. Psych Central. Retrieved on August 9, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/a-course-in-mindful-living-the-mindful-living-launchpad/