26 Creative & Curious Questions to Deepen Your Connection with Your Partner
Another important part is knowing how they feel about your relationship (and your partner knowing how you feel, as well). Even reminiscing about the early days of your relationship and how it’s evolved can strengthen your bond.
Here are 26 questions from Philipp Keel’s book All About Us to help you explore these elements. Each of you can first reflect on the questions in your journals and then discuss them together (or talk about them as you go).
Below, you’ll find all kinds of creative and even curious questions, which are personal, about your partner and about your relationship — everything from your own first words to the saying that best describes your relationship to what you think your partner will be like in 10 years.
- What were your first words as a child?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What or who has had the greatest influence on your life?
- What did you think when you first saw your partner?
- What three traits of your partner’s made you fall in love with them?
- What’s the most surprising thing about love?
- What’s the first image that spontaneously comes to mind when you think of your partner?
- What’s one thing in your relationship that used to bother you but you’ve since overcome?
- What’s one thing that used to bother you about yourself that you’ve learned to accept?
- What is a word or phrase your partner uses that you adore?
- What would you do if you were a woman or a man for one day?
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What is something you did to impress your partner in the early days of your relationship?
- What saying best describes your relationship?
- What is a recurring dream of yours?
- What is your mission in life?
- What is a piece of wisdom your partner has taught you that you’ll never forget?
- If you could have one magical power, what would that power be?
- Which one of these objects reminds you most of your partner: an umbrella, a light bulb, cell phone, loaf of bread, or a pencil?
- What is the reason for your choice? Describe it in one sentence.
- Which color describes your intimate relationship?
- What word matches the color you picked?
- What animal does your partner resemble?
- If you had to create a company name for your relationship, what would it be?
- How do you see your partner in 10 years? Create a description of your partner.
- What fortune would you like your partner to find in a fortune cookie?
Tartakovsky, M. (2018). 26 Creative & Curious Questions to Deepen Your Connection with Your Partner. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 29, 2020, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/26-creative-curious-questions-to-deepen-your-connection-with-your-partner/