Home » Ask the Therapist » How Do I Handle Boyfriend’s Anger?

How Do I Handle Boyfriend’s Anger?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years and when he gets angry, he gets extremely angry. He yells at the top of his lungs, he disrespects me and calls me every name in the book, makes fun of my appearance and makes me cry. This happens about 2 times a week. He is emotionally unavailable and refuses to break up and says we will not break up but he does not change his ways. He has caused me a lot of anxiety and I don’t know what to do. He is very angry and gets upset when something doesn’t go his way. His anger has ruined us.

How Do I Handle Boyfriend’s Anger?

A.

You’re right. His anger management issues have ruined your relationship. They don’t have to ruin your life.

You’ve put up with this for three years. It’s enough. However charming he can be at times, you don’t deserve to live with this abuse. End it. Move on. Make yourself available for someone who can love you and cherish you and treat you as you deserve to be treated.

How Do I Handle Boyfriend’s Anger?

Therapists live, online right now, from BetterHelp: