Home » Anxiety » How Do I Stop Feeling so Anxious?

How Do I Stop Feeling so Anxious?

From a teen in Lithuania: Hello. I’m having stress every day. I often cry, feel insecure and i think i unbalanced my neuro system, because i’m feeling really anxious, sad, having something similair to panic attacs, feeling hopeless, it’s like a wave, sometimes i’m happy but still feeling anxious later.. how can i balance it and recover from anxiety.. thank you!

How Do I Stop Feeling so Anxious?

A.

I’m very glad you wrote to us. There is no need to go through life feeling so upset and anxious. It’s great that you want to solve the problem now.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what resources are available in your country. I hope there are therapists who are trained in dealing with anxiety disorders. A therapist can help you learn new ways to manage your anxiety and can support you as you put those new skills into practice.

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been found to be very effective in helping people manage their anxiety. CBT is a short term type of therapy that focuses on solving a particular problem. The goal is to help you increase your emotional intelligence and to change patterns of thinking or behaving that are getting in your way. Do take a look on the internet for information.

I also suggest that you do some self-help. There are a number of good workbooks for dealing with anxiety available at bookseller sites. Purchase one and set aside some time every day to systematically do each of the activities.

The book Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns is also an excellent resource. Reading it will help you gain a better understanding of how anxiety works and will give you some strategies for managing it.

How Do I Stop Feeling so Anxious?

Therapists live, online right now, from BetterHelp: