Home » Anxiety » How Do I Handle Being So Anxious?

How Do I Handle Being So Anxious?

From a woman in the UK: My surroundings do not seem real, and I have been feeling like this for several months. I feel spaced out  a lot. Also I am very sensitive to noise and have been more than jumpy than normal. I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, anxiety, Ptsd, Ocd, panic attacks, and agoraphobia.

My life is a daily struggle with all these mental health issues. I would like to know if there are any techniques that I can use to counteract the spaciness I feel and my surroundings seeming unreal?

This is very debilitating to me and I am totally exhausted by all these as coping with mental ill health issues can be very draining and overwhelming. Thank you for your kind help in this matter.

How Do I Handle Being So Anxious?

A.

I’m so sorry you are suffering so much. You shared quite a list of diagnoses. I hope they are an outcome of a thorough and recent evaluation by a qualified mental health professional. If so, you need to go back to that professional for help that is specific to your age and situation. If you self-diagnosed, please turn to a professional for help at this point.

Part of the assessment should be a visit to your physician. At 55, your body may be going through some changes that are making you feel so much worse. Since you reported that you have felt a significant change over the last few months, it is all the more important to see your doctor. If there is a medical problem, addressing those health issues should be part of your treatment.

As for the mental health issues: There are evidence-based treatments for all of the diagnoses on your list. A counselor will help you prioritize what to work on and will help you design a program of treatment and support to help you feel better.

Please make those appointments. With good help, you can feel better.

How Do I Handle Being So Anxious?

Therapists live, online right now, from BetterHelp: