Home » Ask the Therapist » Parenting » Fantasies about Underage Teenagers?

Fantasies about Underage Teenagers?

On occasion I may use girls in my fantasies when I’m in a lustful state. These girls mostly range from 15-19, but sometimes it can be 14 as well and I put them in sexual scenarios with myself.

Many times the girls will have bodies that don’t match their age at all, so they may be 16 but look 19 or 20 and it’s always consensual. I’m attracted to people all my age all the time, so it isn’t like my primary sexual interest is in teenagers.

I understand the real act of doing such a thing is wrong, but it isn’t like my primary sexual interest lies there.

Every so often I like to fantasize about the aspects of underage teenagers specifically since that’s the range I seem to gravitate towards the most.

I’ve read up on topics like Ephophilia, but those are where people mostly have all their sexual interest in that age range, right? I’m not sure if this kind of behavior is normal or not, and I’m afraid to ask many or any people about it because people may get the wrong idea about me.

Fantasies about Underage Teenagers?

A.

I admire the bravery you are displaying in talking about these fantasies, urges, and preferences. What is most important about your thinking is that you are questioning yourself. I think you are asking a good question by reflecting on your preferences.

You are right in noting that ephebophilia defines the primary sexual interest of mid to late adolescents—roughly 15 to 19, but from your description, this may not be your primary age-range preference. The presence of some level of sexual attraction doesn’t qualify as ephebophilia.

Sexologists will often use specific terms for age group preference. Since you’ve identified yourself in your profile as a 20-year-old and you are primarily attracted to people your age this would technically qualify you as someone primarily attracted to adults, or what sexologist would call teleiophilia. If the attraction were to a younger, prepubescent children younger the term hebephilia would be used.

Although these types of urges and fantasies are often referred to as paraphilia, or a sexual fetish, sexologists do not agree on the nature, range, or diversity of unusual sexual interests and paraphilias. But there are two things that most would agree on.

The first has to do with the age of consent, which differs in different localities, as being a clear dividing line between urges and action. Your sensitivity to the idea that acting on some of these urges would be wrong is important to maintain. Consent given by someone not of age would not be valid.

Secondly, it would be the distress or interpersonal difficulties caused by having these thoughts that would be important for you to seek counseling. If they interfered with your relationships with others, or caused undo distress you may want to talk with a professional about it. If this is the case the find help tab at the top of the page can help you find someone in your area.

Fantasies about Underage Teenagers?