Home » Ask the Therapist » Therapist Has Feelings for Me

Therapist Has Feelings for Me

I have been having therapy for nearly 4 years, for childhood trauma and general, in the beginning things were fine, she asked all the right questions, but know I feel like things are very intense, she knows i find friendships complicated so she’ asked if we were friends, and 2 weeks ago I started sitting on the floor for comfort, then she joined me but sitting opposite but shoes off, but I found the way she sat across from me a bit uncomfortable, she had her legs open, we spoke about my feelings and how I felt that day and she said she would give her heart feelings to me. I don’t know maybe I am reading too much into it or just feeling to emotionally sensitive I told my sister and she said my therapist has feelings for me and I should change.

Therapist Has Feelings for Me

A.

Before you decide to change therapists, you should have an honest conversation with her about how you feel. Tell her the truth. Use this letter as a guide as to what to say.

If you’re honest with her, she might stop and everything may return to normal. It’s important that you provide honest feedback to her. You’ve known her for quite a long time. She can handle the truth.

If you withhold this information from her, it may cause resentment and lead to your prematurely ending the relationship. If you tell her the truth and her response is inappropriate, at that point, it may be time to find a new therapist. Give her a chance to explain herself. Once the two of you have an honest conversation, you will likely have a clearer sense about whether or not you need a new therapist. Good luck with your efforts. Thanks for writing.

Therapist Has Feelings for Me