Home » Slowly Losing My Mind

Slowly Losing My Mind

It’s actually 5 am and I can’t sleep because I feel like I am losing it. I am so disconnected, and I have strange thoughts that I don’t want to have and are making me doubt my sanity. I had a big panic attack a month ago where I lost it completely. The morning after, I was feeling off, self-doubtful and scared. Since then, I had a lot of them and I have unwanted thoughts, but what bothers me the most is the fact that I am feeling really disconnected, like reality is slipping away from me. I wake up every 3 hours and I find it hard to fall asleep.

Thank you for reading.

Slowly Losing My Mind

A.

Your profile indicates you are in college, and I would highly recommend talking to someone on campus about all of this. Often with college students these types of reactions and panic attacks seem to center around different types of losses. Leaving home, ending relationships, and having our identity challenged are all part of the college experience that may be underlying these symptoms. A counselor at the college center should be able to help sort this all through.

Slowly Losing My Mind