Home » Anxiety » How Do I Cope with Anxiety Disorder?

How Do I Cope with Anxiety Disorder?

I have been having problems with finding a high blood pressure medication that does not give me extreme side effects. Consequently, my doctor tells me I have anxiety disorder over it. What can I do to conquer this anxiety and when do I know if it is actually anxiety and not something else health related?

How Do I Cope with Anxiety Disorder?

A.

You need more information. A good place to start would be having a mental health evaluation. Your doctor can provide a referral to a local mental health professional. If not, contact the insurance company or search the internet for a local provider. An evaluation would be able to determine if anxiety is present and what treatments would work best for you.

Treatments for anxiety most commonly include psychotherapy and medication. Some people prefer one of those treatments, or both simultaneously. Psychotherapy allows you to develop coping skills for anxiety and also to examine what is causing the underlying problems. Medication can also assist with symptom reduction.

Another factor to consider is that some psychoactive medications can increase blood pressure. You want to be sure to find one that works best for you. This is something that will need to be discussed with your doctors. This is yet another reason to have an evaluation. I hope my advice assists you in finding a solution to this problem. Good luck with your efforts.

How Do I Cope with Anxiety Disorder?