Home » Anxiety » Anxiety or Stress Disorder?

Anxiety or Stress Disorder?

Hi, for awhile I’ve been thinking I have a stress or anxiety disorder but I’m not able to see a therapist or counselor. I often become stressed or anxious easily about things I can’t control also small inconveniences or events make me very upset. I’ve been noticing I don’t sleep well and I’m often tired, I find it hard to focus on anything for a long period of time and almost everything in my life causes me to become stressed or anxious. Since I’m a minor and my parent doesn’t think I have any mental health problems I haven’t been able to see a therapist. I’m not sure what to do in this situation and I feel my mental health isn’t getting any better.

Anxiety or Stress Disorder?

A.

You said that your parents don’t think there’s anything wrong. Have you told them the extent to which you are suffering? If not, you should. You might try writing them a long letter about how you feel. You should also tell them that you wrote to us at Psych Central. That might help them understand that you are serious about wanting help.

If they still are not reacting, then speak to the school guidance counselor, a trusted faculty member or an adult member of your family about this matter. Perhaps they then could speak to your parents. It might be a good strategy for getting your parents to take action.

Give the strategies a try. Hopefully, they will work. If you continue to struggle, contact the local children, youth and services organization in your community. Every community has these services. They will ensure that you receive the help that you desire. Good luck and please take care.

Anxiety or Stress Disorder?