Home » Ask the Therapist » Why Am I So Angry?

Why Am I So Angry?

From the U.S.:  I get so angry at everything I hate my job I hate my friends I hate people I hate my animals I wake up to a voice whispering awful things to me and by the end of the day I just wanna bash my face against a wall to make it stop it tells me to hurt people and animals my wife doesn’t have sex with me so the voice tells me she hates me and is having an affair.

Why Am I So Angry?

A.

It sounds to me like you have plenty to  be angry about. But sitting in it isn’t going to help you. You deserve better. I hope you will consider making an appointment with a licensed counselor. The counselor can help you determine if you are so angry because you can’t figure out what to do about your marriage and your job or if you have developed a clinical depression.

Depression doesn’t always show up as sadness. Sometimes symptoms include anger and irritability. Whether your anger comes from your circumstances or a depression, a counselor can help you deal. Please take care of yourself and get the assistance you need.

Why Am I So Angry?