Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » Cheating

Cheating

My boyfriend has cheated on every girlfriend he has had, and I gave him a chance to prove that he can change and be a better person, but I’m scared that he is either playing with me or cheating on me.

Cheating

A.

You chose to be with someone who has a track record of cheating. It makes sense that you would believe that he might cheat on you. Past behavior is often a good predictor of future behavior.

The question becomes why would you choose this relationship? There are many other potential partners who don’t have histories of cheating.

Generally speaking, it’s unwise to choose someone with such a poor track record. It’s always better to make choices that are in your best interest. You might want to reconsider your decision. By choosing this relationship, you have made your life more difficult. You could’ve made a different choice. You might consider counseling to explore why you chose to be in a difficult relationship.

I’m not certain of your exact question. If you would like to write back and ask a specific question, I will try my best to answer it.

Good luck and please take care.

Cheating