Home » I Think I Need a Therapist’s Opinion

I Think I Need a Therapist’s Opinion

I’ve noticed recently that my mood and mindset can change so quickly. I know I struggle with depression already, but this is seems differently. Almost like bipolar, but short episodes. I can be having a great time with friends, but suddenly just breakdown and start crying. Or I could be absolutely fine and just something can trigger my brain and I’ll be weeping and clawing at my skin, in bouts or depression and anger.
It’s really quite confusing for me. I’m not sure if this is just regular depression or not?

I Think I Need a Therapist’s Opinion

A.

Thanks for your question. The fact that you are noticing such a swing of mood and mindset so rapidly indicates that something other than a more typical depression is going on.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get an evaluation by a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist. He or she will be able to help figure out what this is — and more importantly — what to do about it. The find help tab at the top of the page can help you find someone in your area.

I Think I Need a Therapist’s Opinion