Home » My Boyfriend Left Me Alone at a Party

My Boyfriend Left Me Alone at a Party

Me and my boyfriend went to a party together of someone he knows. I didn’t know anyone there but I still went because he wanted me to come. Anyway, when we got there I went to sit down and he left me and started to socialize. Now I don’t socialize as he does and it’s difficult for me to make friends and meet new people and he knows that but still left me alone. It’s not that I wanted him to sit with me the whole night but at least including me in something could have helped me to better socialize with people. Should be upset about it?

My Boyfriend Left Me Alone at a Party

A.

It may be time to develop more social skills and be specific about what you’d like your boyfriend to do. I’d let him know upfront that you would like his help in introducing you to others and helping to make connections. That is the socially acceptable thing he can do.

On the other side of the coin, I’d make it a point to work on developing social skills that help you from being dependent and isolated. In your area, there are likely to be groups that can help. You may want to check out the find help area at the top of the page to find a counselor in your area that has a group you might join. You can also check out this list here.

My Boyfriend Left Me Alone at a Party