Home » Disorders » Sleep » Dream About Friends or Family Died

Dream About Friends or Family Died

So I have this kind of dream about witnessing my friends or family died for a very long time. And I didn’t feel sad or anything when seeing them died in the dream, only felt really shocked in the moment they died. After I woke up I could still remember every detail how they died or why they died. Sometimes I would get confused if that really happened or not, which means I usually cannot tell if it’s a dream or not. Is it normal?

Dream About Friends or Family Died

A.

The answer depends on what you mean by “confused” and how long it lasts. It is possible that in recalling a particularly intense dream, an individual may lose track of their surroundings for a few seconds but anything longer than that would be unusual.

If I were interviewing you in person, I would ask you to expand upon what you mean by “confused” and in what way you struggle to discern the difference between a dream and reality. I would also want to know how often this occurs.

My general advice is to consult an in-person mental health professional, if this continues. They can determine if something is wrong. If so, they will propose treatment, perhaps in the form of psychotherapy or medication. Thank you for your question. Please take care.

Dream About Friends or Family Died