Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » How Do I Accept that My Boyfriend Rejected Me for Cheating?

How Do I Accept that My Boyfriend Rejected Me for Cheating?

From India: My newly found partner is not okay with my past. I met this guy 1 month ago and I didnt realise when I fell in love with him. I know its funny but in order to open up completely I told him stuff about my past… like how I was in a challenging marriage and how I ended up cheating. I told him whatever happened after separation and how I repent. But he says that hes not okay with it and will never be. I really connect with him and I feel I cant let him go.

I dont know how to knock some sense into him that past is gone and nothing like that will ever happen again. He claims that he ended his previous 3 years old relationship because he couldnt get over something about her ex’s past. I am getting depressed and overly anxious and I dont know what to do. Please help!!!

A.

You can’t “knock sense” into him. He is making perfect sense as far as he is concerned and he has been honest with you about it.¬† He knows that he won’t be able to trust you given your past and has told you so.

You have only invested a month in this relationship. It is unlikely to go anywhere. I urge you to take a big step back. You need to find someone who hasn’t been so deeply hurt by cheating that he can’t yet accept a new partner’s past behavior.