Home » Disorders » Sleep » Don’t Like Sleeping

Don’t Like Sleeping

A lot of people like to sleep, I don’t like to sleep, its not that when I am tired I cant sleep, its just that I don’t want to sleep. I would rather do things like watch youtube, play games, or just relax and read. So I guess I am asking is why do I just not like to sleep. When I was younger I couldn’t wait to get to bed and sleep and now I just want to do anything but sleep. Is that strange? Is there something wrong with me? This isn’t a recent development either. For the past 3 years, I’ve been like this.

Don’t Like Sleeping

A.

While some people need more sleep than others the chronic lack of sleep is referred to as hyposomnia. This is classified as a sleep disorder with many other identifying elements and features. To learn more click here.

It is also more specifically identified as a difficulty initiating and maintaining sleep. You can learn more about this here.

Don’t Like Sleeping