Home » I’m Dissociating Every Day

I’m Dissociating Every Day

Literally every day, I dissociate all the time. I space out when people are talking and even when I am talking. I’ve been in a relationship for 6 months and honestly don’t remember half the dates we have been on together because of this. My school work is worse because even when I try to concentrate, I don’t absorb any information and I just never feel like I’m ‘there’ it always feels like I’m trapped inside my head – consumed by my overactive thoughts. What can I do to stop dissociating?

BTW when I started dissociating last year badly, I self-harmed to ‘feel’ something but I don’t want to go back there again. It’s a new year and these holidays have sped by and I don’t know what I ever did. I sleep all day and can sleep at night and keep having waves of sadness which are seemingly becoming a seasonal thing with the holidays just as I think I’m getting better. What do I do? (From Australia)

I’m Dissociating Every Day

A.

I can appreciate how difficult these experiences have been and recommend you get a thorough physical. There are several medical issues that can be causing this as well as other possible conditions (like hypersomnia). A thorough medical can rule out physical causes before focusing in on how to correct it.

I’m Dissociating Every Day