Home » Disorders » Depression » Do I Have Depression?

Do I Have Depression?

I think about killing myself a lot. Like how it would feel. And most days I feel seriously down and depressed. I feel empty inside. I don’t want to feel anymore and it’s hurting me so much. I don’t want to hurt my friends and family

Do I Have Depression?

A.

The desire to end one’s life is unnatural. It’s a sign that something is wrong. It’s indicative of individual who is suffering and needs help.

Some people believe that suicide will end their suffering. Logically, there’s no way to know that with certainty. We simply don’t know what happens after we die. There is no empirical evidence to suggest that ending your life would end your suffering.

Suicidal thinking clouds judgment. People who are suicidal often fail to see the many other options available to them, such as counseling and medication.

You might read the stories of people who have attempted suicide and who survived. They were thankful to have a second chance. They didn’t want to die. They simply wanted their suffering to end but didn’t know how to do it on their own. Once they started treatment, they realized how important it was to seek outside help from professionals. It had been the missing element from their lives.

If you’re open to seeking help, it significantly increases the likelihood of your recovery. I strongly urge you to consult a mental health professional. They will create a plan for treatment that is specific to your needs.

If you feel that you cannot keep yourself safe, contact emergency services. They will keep you safe and assist you in acquiring the appropriate treatment. Please take care.

Do I Have Depression?