Home » Am I Schizophrenic?

Am I Schizophrenic?

From a teen in the U.S.: Ever since I was a child I had the tendency to imagine and create worlds and people inside my head whom I would interact with. I would spend hours upon hours just imagining different scenarios, conversations, and more people to add to the list. As I got older I couldn’t shake the urge of imagining things and soon enough I would retreat to my room playing music as loud as can be and hours would pass me by while I’m stuck in there doing nothing. I will pace my room in circles imagining this other reality and sometimes I will lie in bed in the dark to do the same if I cannot pace. What could this be brought on by? I have been diagnosed with depression and have been taking anti-depressants for years but this has always remained with me for as long as I can remember.

Not only that but paired along with this habit has been an insane paranoia of something coming to hurt me, or more so kill me. It hindered me from being able to sleep by myself at night for years until I was well into my late teens and it kept me panicking in daylight if I was ever alone. What exactly is wrong with me?

Am I Schizophrenic?

A.

Since you are taking anti-depressants, I assume you are being treated by a professional. If you haven’t shared this information with your provider, you are doing yourself a great disservice. A professional only has what you tell them to go on.

This habit could have developed out of loneliness as a child. It could indicate that you have an especially imaginative mind but don’t know what to do with it. Or it could be that there is an organic problem. Or it could be something else. Without investigating it, your mental health provider can’t help you figure it out.

Am I Schizophrenic?