Home » Depression » Delusions, Depression, Paranoia, Hallucinations

Delusions, Depression, Paranoia, Hallucinations

I am 14 and I KNOW I’m sick. Its been 4 months since I started passing out. People say its just day dreaming but its not. While I am unconscious, I still communicate with people. Its not like DID. Its like automated message. It feels very bad and at those times I want to end myself. I was waking up in shock, seeing things such as spiders, snakes. Then It happens when I was fully awake. I cannot control my thinking. I sometimes think about disgusting, bad or weird things even if I don’t want to. I feel like a failure. I am in my head more than out. My inner and outer world have collided. What should I do?

A.

You are assuming that there’s something wrong with your character or that you have failed in some way. Nothing could be further from the truth. This is not your fault. You are not doing this on purpose and willing these symptoms onto yourself. You don’t have that power (nor does anyone else). That line of thinking may prevent you from seeking the appropriate help. It is important to eradicate these self-blaming ideas from your mind.

It is possible that you may be describing a sleep disorder or a related neurological condition. Therefore, it’s imperative that you consult a physician. Don’t rely on what “people” say. They don’t know because they are not “trained” or educated in this area. A physician will evaluate your symptoms and help you find the treatment that is necessary. They are very familiar with all potential problems and will know how to direct you. I hope that you will take my advice. Don’t wait. Good luck and please take care.