Home » Ask the Therapist » Don’t Know What’s Wrong with Me

Don’t Know What’s Wrong with Me

I’m really freaking out.i don’t know what’s going on with me but I’m starting to question my reality. The other day with my 9-month-old cousin and was questioning whether he was real or not. It scared me so much. I know that it’s isn’t true but that thought get repeating in my head. I suffer from anxiety so I’m hoping that it’s just that but pls tell me what’s wrong. I don’t hear or see things. But i am all of sudden having mildly delusional thoughts that r freaking me out. Pls help.

Don’t Know What’s Wrong with Me

A.

I can’t know with certainty what is wrong but the fact that you admittedly experience anxiety, means that it is the anxiety itself, that is likely the basis for this new line of thinking. Anxiety tends to worsen without treatment. The good news is that anxiety is highly treatable. Some would even say that it is one of the most treatable conditions. Good solutions are available.

However, treatment only works if you’re open to it. I mentioned this because not everyone is open to treatment, despite good treatments being available. Perhaps that’s why so many individuals continue to experience anxiety. If you’re open to the treatment, then there is a high likelihood of a positive outcome.

Contact your primary care physician and ask for a referral or call the one 800 number on the back of your insurance card. They can provide you with local therapist who can determine what treatment would work best for you. Most people find that cognitive behavioral therapy effectively treats anxiety. Some also use medication. Once you have an evaluation, you will have a better sense about what treatment will work best for you. I hope this helps you know how to proceed. Good luck and please take care.

Don’t Know What’s Wrong with Me