Home » Anxiety » How Do I Handle Social Anxiety?

How Do I Handle Social Anxiety?

From a teen boy in India: my life stuck at a same wheel trap where there is no way just to only revolve so, I thought lets just train myself to be perfect in that .

I am social anxious person can’t talk to people outside, can’t go out a lot I always think people would eat me its hard for me to go out and live life like others do I am so insecure about my looks my talk my attitude can’t get rid of it .. So much anxiety, depression.

I am only 17 years old and i am balding. it hurts me to see me like that I tried so much to forget about it but cant coz people judge u more from hairs than ur looks. i suck my life sucks i am high school dropout coz of social anxious and phobia to got out and talk currently studying from open school.

In my case I feel like that I’ve nothing in me just an empty box No Memory! No Looks! No at least i don’t have common traits like others do have i felt its over from me I don’t know what I do, I can’t even say anything to anyone coz they say you’r coward rather than sick and I Cry all Day now I became a lazy bag .

Pls help me !!! I don’t have much money if my own but i can arrange some how i got coached by u pls sir reply.. And apart from coaching sir pls a huge rqst pls make a video on social anxiety. I know i lot of people suffering from it but nobody try to stands out coz of the society and so called respect.
Thanks,

How Do I Handle Social Anxiety?

A.

I am so, so sorry you are suffering so much. It may help you to know that you are not alone. Social anxiety is the 4th most common mental health disorder. In the U.S., it was found that about 12% of the population suffer from social anxiety at some point in their lives. (I couldn’t find a statistic for India but I’m guessing it is similar.) Social anxiety often very negatively affects someone’s ability to function at school, at work or relationships.

You are not an “empty box”. You are a sensitive person who is struggling with a real disorder. Just as you would go to a medical doctor for a medical problem, I hope you will see a mental health professional for this serious mental problem. Yes, it is serious. But the good news is that it is very treatable. A counselor can help you learn skills for coping with social situations and for building your self-esteem.

Meanwhile, there are dozens of Youtube videos about social anxiety and how it can be managed. Do take the time to review some of them as a first step for self-help.

How Do I Handle Social Anxiety?