Home » About Myself Worrying about Someone Whom I Don’t Have Any Connection

About Myself Worrying about Someone Whom I Don’t Have Any Connection

This started last year (18.12.2017) ,I heard through my friend that this particular person died I don’t know about him I had no relationship with him. I never even talked to him, I never had a date with him, I never even know about him. But his death shocked me I cried day and night I couldn’t eat I went into depression I began to cry for no reason. I just couldn’t forget him. The thing I want to know is why am I affected to this level when I don’t even have any kind of relationship with him.

A.

There many possible reasons. Perhaps it’s the first person, in your generation and social network, who died. The idea that someone can be here one day and not the next, is an alarming reality.

Also, it may have reminded you of your own mortality. Death ranks among most people’s biggest fears. The reality of death is an idea that most people would rather not think about because it’s so unpleasant. The emotional reality of dying can be shocking.

Without knowing you, those are just guesses. If I had the chance to interview you, I would have a better idea about why you had a particular reaction. There may be nothing seriously wrong unless your distress is causing problems in your life.

You might find reading about the subject of death and dying to be helpful or perhaps not. In any event, if this is a problem, consult a therapist and they will help you work through whatever is wrong. Thanks for your question. Please take care.