Home » My Son’s Therapist Is Psychologically Testing Me, What Did I Do Wrong?

My Son’s Therapist Is Psychologically Testing Me, What Did I Do Wrong?

My 8 year old Son was recently diagnosed with mild Autism disorder, and I have an appointment with the therapist she asked me to stay outside the room with my other 3 year old son and wait for her but after 30 min she said she needs to talk to me she told me to leave both of my kids in the waiting room so she can talk to me in the room with is probably like 7 ft away the she said I did something really wrong, she told me to think about it and write down, but I have no clue why or what is she trying to test me on? please I really need to help my kid with these therapy’s but is getting difficult and so estressfull.

A.

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what she wants you to think about. Hopefully, by the time you’re reading this, you’ll have a satisfactory answer. If you don’t like the therapist or the treatment isn’t working, then try a different therapist. We are not all the same. Some are certainly better than others.

You’ll want to choose a therapist who specializes in treating autism and/or working with families. I hope everything works out for both you and your son. Please consider writing again if you have additional questions.