Home » Ask the Therapist » I Love Wearing Cloth Diapers

I Love Wearing Cloth Diapers

I was disabled as a child. When I was a child wearing cloth diapers became a comfort for me. Now as an adult I still like the soft, warm, comfort, and pleasure, I get from wearing a double cloth diaper and plastic pants at night or when I have the house alone. I have a problem now because, I don’t know what to say to those closest to me if, my secret came out. I have been asked questions such as why does your room sometimes smell like baby powder. I am going to be honest next time but don’t know what to say? I also have a problem with washing diapers because my secret is not out. I feel like I am lying and hiding. This makes me feel fantastic and I do not know what to do?

I Love Wearing Cloth Diapers

A.

When you say “those closest to me,” who do you mean? Other than your romantic partner or spouse, I’m not certain that anyone else needs to know about your wearing diapers. People don’t normally openly reveal these types of interests. It would seem odd to discuss it with roommates, friends and family, etc. It doesn’t seem like it’s anyone else’s business.

This would be an easier question to answer if I knew more about who you are thinking about telling and why. I don’t see why anyone needs to know unless you are planning to wear diapers in their presence, and I would wonder why you would find it pleasurable to do so. But be sure it’s necessary to reveal your secret before you do so. Otherwise, you risk making people feel uncomfortable.

There’s not necessarily a protocol for revealing this type of information. Honesty would be best but be prepared for them not to fully understand. You might consider not telling them if you think it will cause problems.

This is a difficult question to answer with so little information. I’m sorry that I could not provide more assistance but I hope my response may help in some small way. Good luck and please take care.

I Love Wearing Cloth Diapers