Home » Probably Compulsion

Probably Compulsion

I don’t know if this problem is psychologically related.It’s been almost a year now,and I have been obsessing about certain things.This feeling usually occurs mostly during the holidays.The latest is my obsession about saliva swallowing in my body.I seem to concentrate on it so much that I’m worried that it’s affecting me so much now.I can’t even watch TV comfortably.In the past,I have experienced certain obsessions like my breathing.I seem not to think about these obsessions whenever I am in an interesting discussion, playing video games and doing exercise or sporting activities.
I would be most grateful if you can assist me with the knowledge of this problem and how it can be cured.Thanks a lot.

Probably Compulsion

A.

Unfortunately, you’ve offered too little information to help me identify the problem. In addition, it’s impossible to diagnose over the Internet. Based upon the information provided, your symptoms may indicate an anxiety disorder. These obsessions seem to be stress-induced. They may occur during the holidays because for many people, this is a stressful time of year.

I would recommend having an evaluation by a primary care physician. If a medical cause is not found, request a referral to a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders. That will likely be the most efficient way to solve this problem. When it comes to anxiety disorders, it’s always best to be proactive. Anxiety can worsen if left untreated. Good luck and please take care.

Probably Compulsion