Home » I Believe I Have Nuances of BPD

I Believe I Have Nuances of BPD

I believe I have nuances of bpd, or emotionally unstable personality disorder having reflected on my life relationships and doing some of the tests. I would like to find out if I can do dialectic therapy by reading books in dialectic therapy. really my question is, to help myself as I am more aware of the way I feel, I can read books or watching videos, or if there is such a thing as distance learning dialectic therapy.or if you think that improvement on these personality disorders can only be achieved by a face to face therapist counseling.thank for your time. (From the UK)

I Believe I Have Nuances of BPD

A.

I am a big fan of self-help and reading or what is sometimes referred to as bibliotherapy. The drawback is that the core issues with BPD or the other concerns you’ve mentioned often involve interpersonal relationship issues that are hard to negotiate even with the best understanding from a good book or article.

I’d highly recommend seeking out a professional skilled in working with the concerns you’ve mentioned and let them put together a plan. More often than not a dynamic form of group therapy can be a powerful way to develop insight and experience in making the necessary changes.

I Believe I Have Nuances of BPD