Home » I Feel Like My Mind Is Working Against Itself

I Feel Like My Mind Is Working Against Itself

From a young woman in the U.S.: Why is it that some days I’ll feel productive and even be productive that day or for even 2 days in a row. But then following shortly after I feel extremely unproductive for many days. It feels as if my mind is working against itself. An example would be school, one day I’d do everything on my two do list for 2 days then the next couple of days I’ll struggle to even do one thing on my list. Thanks in advance.

A.

I  would need more information to answer this question well. All I can do is make a few suggestions. It sounds like maybe you are using up your energy on your “productive” days and then collapse. I wonder if you are consistently getting enough sleep. I wonder if you find the work you do on your “good days” meaningful enough to keep it up. And I wonder what else is going on in your life that is draining you.

Since you are in school, I suggest that you make an appointment at the school mental health center to talk it over. It is wise to be concerned. At your age, you should be mostly productive and mostly happy. I think you deserve to figure this out so that can happen.