Home » Ask the Therapist » I Live in One Small Country & I Have Two Brothers

I Live in One Small Country & I Have Two Brothers

The older one is 29 years old and have mental problems and he have also a hole in his heart that makes problem with his nerves but now I’m not writing for him but for my little brother who is 13 years old. Against the older brother he is good, he goes at school but he doesn’t show good grades or speak very well. He doesn’t care about his school life, lately he ask weird question comparing for his ages about what are the things around him. He played game online sometime, don’t talk much, in his actions he is a bit delayed. And what i worry the most is that he act sometimes like the older brother with his gestures. He walk like him, the position of hands make often like him and some nonsense world that my older brother often say the little one is saying. We all thought before that my little brother with time would be better but I’m worried that he is going to be more bad…And i forgot to tell that we have send my little brother at doctor before but they said that he doesn’t have anything in his mind or in heart like my brother.
We are five children. Three girls and two boys and my sisters are so well and very smart and the illness that my older brother have isn’t inherited.
Could someone tell me what should I do about my little brother? I don’t want he to be or to act like older brother? I want to know why is he acting like that even when we live all together he doesn’t act like my father which is very close or anyone else but with my older brother?
You will me help a lot if you answer my question… Have a nice day

A.

Unfortunately, without more information and an in-person interview, I have no way of knowing what might be wrong with your brother.

Your family might try having a second or a third evaluation. It’s not uncommon to receive multiple opinions. These evaluations could provide insight into what might be wrong. Otherwise, you might have to wait and see if anything changes. I’m sorry that I cannot provide you with a more specific answer. Good luck and thanks for writing.