Home » Disorders » OCD » Is This OCD or Am I Really Going Crazy?

Is This OCD or Am I Really Going Crazy?

I have been struggling with OCD and anxiety for the past 6 months. It has been an intense 6 months and I am still struggling daily although I am trying my best to do the little things that help me to not be so obsessive over my worries. Recently, I have been worried about one day going insane and not being able to control it. I once watched a movie about a man who was able to time travel against his own will, everytime he woke up from his sleep. I know this is ridiculous but I actually thought what if that happens to me? And feared for a couple days straight. I know this is impossible and now that I look back on it, I realize that this is almost laughable. Although I no longer fear that I will be able to time travel, I’m afraid of the fact that I even feared such a ridiculous, impossible scenario. It triggered anxiety in me because I thought that I was going crazy. It was different from any other fear that I had because this was a fear that was sprouted from fiction while all of my other fears sprouted from things that happened in real life. (Ex. Cancer). I researched online and read that people who are crazy have a hard time differentiating reality from fiction. But during those two day of fear, it was almost as if It could happen to me (which I know that it couldn’t). Am I going crazy? I’m really afraid. Thank you for your response.

Is This OCD or Am I Really Going Crazy?

A.

Your described experiences might suggest a potential anxiety disorder. You’ve been struggling with this for at least six months. When you suspect that something may be wrong, it is always advantageous to consult a mental health professional. They are in the best position to help you. They can determine if a disorder is present and then provide the necessary treatment.

Anxiety is a highly treatable condition. People often ignore their symptoms or simply refuse treatment and in those cases, anxiety tends to worsen. If you’re open to treatment, then try it. There’s no reason to be afraid. Therapists are specifically trained to deal with these types of problems.

I hope that you will give treatment a try. You’ll be glad you did. Good luck and please take care.

Is This OCD or Am I Really Going Crazy?