Home » Wanting to Just Rot and Be on My Own Forever

Wanting to Just Rot and Be on My Own Forever

I’m struggling to do anything at all, all I really want to do is sit somewhere on my own and rot away forever. I have been skipping school and not keeping in contact with my friends for the past month all of my relationships feel strained like they would be better without me. I really don’t know how to put into words how I feel even though I try they feel so chaotic and confusing I don’t know how to describe them. I normally feel this way when there is a lot of stress and I leave it alone until it overflows, and I end up doing irrational things if I go out. I usually take recreational drugs to cope with this I don’t think I overuse them though. not often. My life is spiraling out of control and I need to find some way to stop it. I don’t know what to do. (From the United Kingdom)

A.

Showing the lack of interest and not feeling connected to others sounds very difficult to cope with. The fact that it is bothering you is actually a good sign. It means the part of you that has been watching all this happen realizes something isn’t right. We want to capitalize on your bravery for speaking up about it.

I recommend talking to your school counselor about what is going on and what you’re feeling. It is not uncommon for someone 13 to have these reactions and feeling, but having this go on for too long isn’t the healthiest thing. Let them know what is happening and when it began. They can give you some suggestion on making things better for you.